ETA for portable with encryption?

Development discussions for FossaMail
ElQuia

ETA for portable with encryption?

Unread post by ElQuia » 2013-12-31, 00:52

I am DYING for a portable with calendar AND ENCRYPTION version.

¿Any ETA? :D

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: ETA for portable with encryption?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-12-31, 01:08

No ETA yet. Also, this is the holiday season, I'm not doing any major work right now ;)

In addition, I have a rather large potential project for January which may take a lot of my time, leaving less for Pale Moon/FossaMail if it pans out - unfortunately something like that pays the bills and gets priority.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: ETA for portable with encryption?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-19, 00:10

It was a good idea but it doesn't seem to be that easy. The problem I run into is the fact that if I bundle enigmail, it assumes people already have an existing e-mail address set up. With a new install, that's not going to be the case - meaning it's a bit of a catch-22.

To do this, I probably need to write a custom installer that takes case of entering the initial e-mail address data, and then calling the mail client and letting the PGP wizard run. Not sure when I'll have time for that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite