Fossamail 38.1 Crash with Google Provider

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Fossamail 38.1 Crash with Google Provider

Unread post by unknownone » 2017-03-29, 00:48

Hi Moonchild!
First of all, thank you very much for your effort in developing and supporting Palemoon and Fossamail over these years. I'm happily using Palemoon since 2-3 years and I've switched from Thunderbird to Fossamail just yesterday.

I encountered two bugs on Windows 8.1 64 bit with Fossamail 38.1 and 38.2 that I would like to report.

The first leads to a crash and a process hang up once Fossamail tries to synchronize the calendars that were added using the "Google Provider 3.1" addon. CalDav Works

The other bug is that Fossamail asks to input the Master password 5 times instead of once, which is inconvenient. I have 4 gmail accounts with Oauth2 access, 1 account with encrypted password and 2 more accounts with normal passwords.

Would it be possible to fix these bugs in a future update?
Thank you very much,

Best regards

unknownone

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Fossamail 38.1 Crash with Google Provider

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-29, 09:50

Google Data Provider 3.1 is likely not a match for our code (the one built as part of FossaMail's process is 1.9). Please try installing the 1.9 version add-on.

I personally have many accounts in FossaMail and it only asks for the master password once at startup. Perhaps you have an extension installed that requires access to the password store for each account early?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2017-04-01, 08:19

I see for Google Provider. So far CalDav works fine, so I'll keep using it.

Concerning the password issue and the extensions, I have the following ones:
Lightning 4.0.1
Ignore Aero (hooks) 1.1.0.1
Classic TB Options 1.3

Deactivating the latter two didn't help. Do you have any suggestion?

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2017-04-06, 16:44

Could it be that the multiple master password request issue is originated by the calendars to which I'm subscribed? I have my own from gmail and english, russian, italian and christian holidays.