Classic TB2

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client

Moderator: satrow

Octopuss
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 13:58

Classic TB2

Postby Octopuss » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 12:32

I must be stupid today, but where do I download that? There's nothing like that on PM Addons site. I googled it up, and got a result on Mozilla's site, but that doesn't work. When you install it, it's not activated and says it's incompatible with FM 38.1.0.

User avatar
eskaton023
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 19:54

Re: Classic TB2

Postby eskaton023 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 13:56

You have to edit the install.rdf files and change the maxversion. The xpi you download has two xpi files within it; I extracted both of those, then edited the install.rdf files of each one and installed them separately. Works great.

Octopuss
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 13:58

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Octopuss » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 18:30

Oh, ok. Thanks.
Does the options component only have one setting btw? Just making sure.

edit:
Damn, everything is horribly squeezed together. I'm not sure I like this too much. Some RSS icons are "broken" too.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.77 KiB) Viewed 1892 times

Also, I don't see the content of any feeds. They are just blank. What gives? :(

User avatar
eskaton023
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 19:54

Re: Classic TB2

Postby eskaton023 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 18:43

I don't use FM as an RSS reader, so I can't comment on that. Considering how much tighter the folder pane is (which I like) I can see where that would cause the problems you're seeing. I'd suggest going with the default theme or looking for another one. You will need to watch for version range compatibility while reviewing themes and still likely need to modify install.rdf files.

Octopuss
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 13:58

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Octopuss » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 20:18

There are so many themes I don't feel like going there :(
Why was it changed from the original FS theme anyway? It was perfectly fine. If it works, don't fix it. At least Moonchild could publish the old theme on the Addons site I guess.

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013, 15:12
Location: Sweden

Re: Classic TB2

Postby hackerman1 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 20:51

Classic TB2 is not a Pale Moon / FossaMail theme... ;)
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Banned user
Banned user
Posts: 4417
Joined: Tue, 09 Oct 2012, 19:37

Re: Classic TB2

Postby New Tobin Paradigm » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 20:56

Well it is a FossaMail theme and extension because it is a Thunderbird theme and extension. If it is a Thunderbird 38 theme and extension it should work just fine on FossaMail. They haven't diverged ... well hardly at all like Pale Moon and Firefox have.

But that is why it isn't on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site...
I hate Pod Six. Tch, I don't even know why we have a Pod Six. Total suck Pod.
[ ニュー・トビン・パラダイム ]

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013, 15:12
Location: Sweden

Re: Classic TB2

Postby hackerman1 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 21:02

Matt A Tobin wrote:Well it is a FossaMail theme and extension because it is a Thunderbird theme and extension.

I meant that It is not created by Moonchild... ;)
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Banned user
Banned user
Posts: 4417
Joined: Tue, 09 Oct 2012, 19:37

Re: Classic TB2

Postby New Tobin Paradigm » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 21:26

A lot of things aren't created by Moonchild. What is your point?
I hate Pod Six. Tch, I don't even know why we have a Pod Six. Total suck Pod.
[ ニュー・トビン・パラダイム ]

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013, 15:12
Location: Sweden

Re: Classic TB2

Postby hackerman1 » Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 21:36

Matt A Tobin wrote:A lot of things aren't created by Moonchild. What is your point?


I replied to this post:
Octopuss wrote:There are so many themes I don't feel like going there :(
Why was it changed from the original FS theme anyway? It was perfectly fine. If it works, don't fix it. At least Moonchild could publish the old theme on the Addons site I guess.


Classic TB2 is not a Pale Moon / FossaMail theme created by Moonchild, so why should he put it on PM´s add-ons site ?
Do you understand me now..?
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Banned user
Banned user
Posts: 4417
Joined: Tue, 09 Oct 2012, 19:37

Re: Classic TB2

Postby New Tobin Paradigm » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 00:33

A lot of things not created by Moonchild are on the Add-ons Site. Do you honestly believe everything related to Pale Moon and FossaMail was created by Moonchild?

In fact, Moonchild only has like 3 things on there. Also, he didn't even create the Add-ons Site. I think you need to review the rumor control thread and also work out what a team is.

The reason this theme isn't there and won't be is FossaMail is not Pale Moon and the Add-ons Site was created for Pale Moon specifically there is no section for FossaMail nor was there any indication there would be one save the fact that FossaMail's Add-ons AUS requests are now being routed through it to prevent issues from AMO. So which universe are you getting your conceptions from again cause I am totally gonna go there and lift the Phoebus code from it..
I hate Pod Six. Tch, I don't even know why we have a Pod Six. Total suck Pod.
[ ニュー・トビン・パラダイム ]

BlueSnow
Moongazer
Moongazer
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 25 Feb 2016, 05:40

Re: Classic TB2

Postby BlueSnow » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 00:46

I think, considering that Moonchild recommended Classic TB2 in his announcement of FM 38.1.0, (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15127), that whether or not it actually works with FM is a legitimate question here.

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013, 15:12
Location: Sweden

Re: Classic TB2

Postby hackerman1 » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 01:21

Matt A Tobin wrote:A lot of things not created by Moonchild are on the Add-ons Site. Do you honestly believe everything related to Pale Moon and FossaMail was created by Moonchild?

In fact, Moonchild only has like 3 things on there. Also, he didn't even create the Add-ons Site. I think you need to review the rumor control thread and also work out what a team is.

The reason this theme isn't there and won't be is FossaMail is not Pale Moon and the Add-ons Site was created for Pale Moon specifically there is no section for FossaMail nor was there any indication there would be one save the fact that FossaMail's Add-ons AUS requests are now being routed through it to prevent issues from AMO. So which universe are you getting your conceptions from again cause I am totally gonna go there and lift the Phoebus code from it..


It´s obviously a waste of my time trying to explain this to you...
Read my previous posts above.
If you don´t want to understand, and choose to misread my words instead, then that is your choice.

You are missing the point, this has nothing to do with if the add-on is meant for Fossamail instead of PM,
or if it was created by Moonchild himself or someone else from the "team".

Once again, my point was: Classic TB2 is an "external" add-on, not created by Moonchild or his "gang".
So why should Moonchild put it on the PM add-on site ?


If you don´t want to understand this, then i cannot explain this any further, nor do i have time...
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Banned user
Banned user
Posts: 4417
Joined: Tue, 09 Oct 2012, 19:37

Re: Classic TB2

Postby New Tobin Paradigm » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 04:20

And I don't see your point.

  • Fact: The Add-ons Site is called the Pale Moon Add-ons Site because it is for Pale Moon.
  • Fact: Moonchild doesn't put things on the Add-ons Site he relies on the Add-ons Team in cooperation with developers and the community to handle it. Of course he has final say but he generally stays out of the way of the people he has entrusted to administrate it.
  • Fact: While it is true I am pissing with you ever so slightly it is only in consort with actual legit questions and/or explanations.
  • Fact: What you are saying or think you know doesn't actually make any sense and your original post was almost if not entirely off-topic to begin with.
I hate Pod Six. Tch, I don't even know why we have a Pod Six. Total suck Pod.
[ ニュー・トビン・パラダイム ]

User avatar
Giraffe
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016, 11:57

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Giraffe » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 10:10

BlueSnow wrote:I think, considering that Moonchild recommended Classic TB2 in his announcement of FM 38.1.0, (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15127), that whether or not it actually works with FM is a legitimate question here.


I installed FM 38.1.0 yesterday, imported all the data from TB very easily, thanks to the migration tool, then, after some tests, decided to use it as default for e-mail.
Thank you very much for this - I was beginning to worry that TB might start leaving skid marks as it slid down the same pan as FF!

Now, Classic TB2 was recommended on the d/l page but was disabled by FM as incompatible. Fortunately my current theme - Nuvola - is still OK.

User avatar
Cassette
Moon lover
Moon lover
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri, 08 May 2015, 14:30
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Cassette » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 11:50

Octopuss wrote:There are so many themes I don't feel like going there :(
Why was it changed from the original FS theme anyway? It was perfectly fine. If it works, don't fix it. At least Moonchild could publish the old theme on the Addons site I guess.

I personally like Ignore Aero. You might try that.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... b-dl-users

Octopuss
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 13:58

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Octopuss » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 11:59

Would someone be willing to create a theme that flips FM back to v38 style? I just can't live like this. And the TB2 theme is a big not for me too, unfortunately.
I guess I'll just stick with v38 indefinitely. I only use it to download mail and feeds so I don't really care in the end I guess.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 21163
Joined: Sun, 28 Aug 2011, 17:27
Location: 58.5°N 15.5°E
Contact:

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Moonchild » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 14:41

the "classic" v38 style was broken in multiple ways and I simply didn't have to time, energy or inclination to dive deep into css and try to fix it all up. The problem is that v27/v38 use different front-end code that the old classic theme did not work properly with (see "too much whitespace" "unmarked selected messages" etc.). As such I have switched it to what Thunderbird also uses on aero-enabled operating systems.

Classic TB2 is what I had already installed before upgrading and it remained compatible. The author said it needed a few more tweaks for 100% Thunderbird 38/FossaMail38 compatibility (although I don't see any issues) so it's not by default marked compatible for installation. I wasn't aware of that before my announcement.

If neither works for you, then I'm sorry. There are other themes that may work for you. The 38.0 theme is just broken and held barely together with sticks and cellotape as it is. I couldn't with a good conscience continue having FossaMail carry it as its default theme.

As for the RSS icons, it seems that is an issue with sizes not being enforced in the list. Possibly one of the "tweaks" needed.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripedes

User avatar
Cassette
Moon lover
Moon lover
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri, 08 May 2015, 14:30
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Cassette » Thu, 16 Mar 2017, 15:16

Octopuss wrote:Would someone be willing to create a theme that flips FM back to v38 style? I just can't live like this. And the TB2 theme is a big not for me too, unfortunately.
I guess I'll just stick with v38 indefinitely. I only use it to download mail and feeds so I don't really care in the end I guess.

That's not an unreasonable solution considering the only difference between 38 and 38.1 is the theme, but did you at least try Ignore Aero? Should FossaMail receive any important security or stability fixes going forward it would be good to be able to take advantage of them.

Octopuss
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2015, 13:58

Re: Classic TB2

Postby Octopuss » Sat, 18 Mar 2017, 14:24

I've just installed it. It's not bad. Guess it cannot get much better than that.


Return to “FossaMail Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests