Still Getting 4.1.1 Error Message

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
Jay44Gee

Still Getting 4.1.1 Error Message

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-12, 17:16

HI: I lost track of my other post on this topic as my computer was out for several days for a new video card.
However I have captured and displayed below the results of trying to send a simple eMail message to my brother.
There are no graphics attached to the eMail. It is TEXT ONLY. So, I'm thinking there must still be something in
the SetUp of Fossa mail that I haven't done correctly. But WHAT is the question?
Attachments
lError Message rec'd trying to send eMail below.
lError Message rec'd trying to send eMail below.
Simple TEXT ONLY eMail
Simple TEXT ONLY eMail
Onions_Message.PNG (62.37 KiB) Viewed 987 times

Jay44Gee

Re: Still Getting 4.1.1 Error Message

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-12, 17:23

WOW! I logged off and just out of curiosity I eMailed that same eMail to myself, thinking I would send it from my MAC which always seems to work, and it went through.

Then I went to my SENT Folder, still on my WIN system, and sure enough it was there - along with the original try at sending the eMail from my WIN system.

Surely there is something wrong in the Fossa Mail system to be causing that error message. BUT, I have also tried to send other mails out and they do NOT get sent, nor do they appear in the SENT Folder.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-03-12, 17:25

Can you try another mail provider?
Just to check if your config is the problem or the server

Jay44Gee

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-13, 19:41

Hello: Actually I have been using my eMail on my MAC when I get desperate to send something that I get an error message on in FossaMail, and sending it through ThunderBird on the MAC works.

And, I was lucky enough to actually try sending myself an eMail form my FossaMail to my own eMail address. It appeared in my TB on my MAC and I was able to send that out, but that doesn't always work either.

JG

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-03-16, 22:47

So all works, but the mail provider server have problems?