Add-ons don't work - sort of

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Add-ons don't work - sort of

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-02-06, 21:18

I have only two add-ons that I use with FM: #1 - Signature/AutoPaste/PrefillFourms and #2 - ViewAbout.

If I install #1 or #2 by itself, they each work. If I install #1 followed by installing #2, then #1 doesn't work. If I install #2 followed by installing #1, then #2 doesn't work. Since I rarely use #2, I can do without it and continue using #1. But it is a bit of a puzzle why both cannot seem to coexist in PM.

The error on both (or each) is "incompatible with FossaMail 27.0.0". But how can they be incompatible if they each work by themselves. Oh, and after the add-on has been deemed "incompatible" it can only be restored by removal of the add-on and reinstalling it (as long the other add-on isn't there).

Jim

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Add-ons don't work - sort of

Unread post by Falna » 2017-02-07, 14:28

I don't used Fossamail, but based on previous PM experience I wonder whether are just listed as incompatible and still actually work?

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-02-07, 15:02

Nope. Installing the "other" add-on kills the first one. And it doesn't matter which one (#1 or #2) is installed first ... the second install will always kill the first add-on. It's like a one-bit shift register. ;)

BTW - forgot to mention initially that I am using the linux-x86_64 version of FM.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-02-16, 15:54

Same problem with FM 38.0.0

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-03-15, 22:11

Same problem with 38.1.0 - I also noticed that whenever another add-on is added, the existing one is knocked out. Essentially, only one add-on is allowed at anytime. I tried to add Classic TB2 and it immediately voided my existing "Signature /Auto Paste /Prefill Fourms". Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?????

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-03-16, 10:17

Well, having just started to use the latest FM, I have 6 add-ons!
Thunderbrowse
Mail Merge
Signature Switch
Sort and Search Customization Dialog
Toolbar Buttons
Compact Header

All imported from TB and all appear to work.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-03-17, 17:54

Giraffe - I wonder what variation of FM that you are running .... windows or linux?

I am running the linux-x86_64 variant on SolydK a KDE Desktop on Debian stable.

This morning I uninstalled FossaMail in it's entirety and reinstalled a new version. Before I even started the initialization for the mail and news connections, I removed the Lightning Calendar (which I have no use for) and installed the two add-ons that I have been working with all the way along: "Signature/Auto Paste/Prefill Fourms" and "ViewAbout".

Same problem as before. Installation of a second add-on kills the existing one. So I can eliminate any setting that I may have done through about:config or initialization or whatever ......

I also tried it without removing Lightning Calendar. In that instance, before any initialization, one of my add-ons would coexist with Lightning Calendar, but as soon as I installed the second add-on, the first (not Lightning Calendar) was killed.

In short - any add-on that I tried will work until I install a second add-on .... then the socond works and the first is killed.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-03-18, 08:35

Running W7 Pro SP1 32-bit (yes, I know, but it cost me 12 quid!).
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-03-18, 12:30

Thanks Giraffe. No - nothing implied. With you not having the problem, I now wonder if the problem I'm having is unique to the linux variant of FossaMail.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by JSladek » 2017-03-18, 18:50

This afternoon, I tried the same experiment with the linux-i686 version of FM installing it on an ASUS EEEPC running basic Debian linux (not under any variation of Solyd). The results were the same - it allowed only Lightning and one other add-on. When a second add-on was installed, the first was kicked out.

From my viewpoint, it looks like an issue with the linux versions of FM.