Language pack installation

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
DocJM

Language pack installation

Unread post by DocJM » 2017-02-01, 15:22

I ecounter a strange difficulty when trying to install "de.xpi": When I follow step #3, "Drag and drop the XPI to your FossaMail and allow it to install" (http://www.fossamail.org/langpacks.shtml), FossaMail opens a message composing window with the XPI file as an attachment. How can I make FM recognize it being a file to be installed instead?
On my machine (Win 8.1) I never had FossaMail installed before but started with 27.0.0 right away, so there was no old XPI to be uninstalled first (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14606). What should I try next?

kovacslt

Re: Language pack installation

Unread post by kovacslt » 2017-02-06, 07:46

Hi,

I could install the languagepack as any other extension.
Go to the extension tab, then on the top there's that wheel left to the serch field. Click on that and choose "install from fie"!
Then browse for the .xpi.
The languagepack gets installed, the rest is the same as in the tutorial.

Kalista

Unread post by Kalista » 2017-02-09, 04:02

I can not find the location of the extension tab, can you help me
I was seeing in the "options" then in the "advanced", but it does not seem to this place
Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-09, 12:22

In the menu, go to "Tools" then "Add-ons" -- this will open the add-on manager. You can drop the XPI on that window, or use the button with the gear and choose "install from file"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kalista

Unread post by Kalista » 2017-02-10, 07:17

Thank you Moonchild for your answer but
pack language.PNG
I followed your instructions as you can see file attached, closed and opened again FoosaMail, but .......... it's always in English !!! Is there a manipulation to be carried out? If you can still help me, thanks in advance
extension xpi.fr.PNG

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2017-02-10, 08:05

The "general.useragent.locale" string should only display the language (and country)
So for English, it is "en-US" and for French, it is "fr" (not fr.xpi).

After that, quit and restart FossaMail. It will display in French, unless there is another hidden issue.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

Kalista

Unread post by Kalista » 2017-02-11, 08:10

Thank you very much for your help, actually when I put only "fr" it works.

The translation in French is sometimes a little fanciful but it is in French.

Thank you very much.

For information this ending (fr.xpi) is indicated in the tutorial of Fossamail, you can see it in they list on : Https://www.fossamail.org/langpacks.shtml

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-02-11, 09:02

Kalista wrote:For information this ending (fr.xpi) is indicated in the tutorial of Fossamail, you can see it in they list on : Https://www.fossamail.org/langpacks.shtml
Nope. The site tell you to use the filename of the language pack (which is in your case fr) not the file extension (which is xpi)
Read carefully ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-11, 10:51

I'll clarify that point.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kalista

Unread post by Kalista » 2017-02-11, 12:19

Sorry, sorry,

I did not understand it, the main thing is that it works perfectly !!! And I am delighted to have the translations in french :D !!