Any idea how to localize FM 27 Lightning extension?

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
snertev

Any idea how to localize FM 27 Lightning extension?

Unread post by snertev » 2017-01-29, 11:57

Hello *,

I'd want to localize Fossamail 27 Lightning, but the old method shown in this forum section doesn't work anymore.

Now, the localization part of chrome.manifest points to files included into chrome.jar and I'm lost.

Can anybody provide a step by step solution for the localization of an already installed Lightning?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JustOff

Re: Any idea how to localize FM 27 Lightning extension?

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-29, 15:55

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2017-01-29, 17:24

JustOff wrote:Try this one.
Fossamail claims it's incompatible with 27.0.0 though min/max version in install.rdf is right. :(

Edit: I don't know if it's important, but Fossamail's profile was imported from TB 45.0.6 and Lightning disappeared from Fossamail profile.

So, I've renamed profile.ini, then moved the new lightning folder to the old profile and re-imported my calendars. Finally, renamed profile.ini to its original name.

Edit2: it worked by unzipping your xpi and moving the locale folders in my profile and then modifying chrome.manifest to point to those folders.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-29, 17:56

Something really strange going on on your side if FM is refusing to install properly packaged extension. Unfortunately I have no idea how to deal with this. May be Moonchild will advise you something.

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-01-29, 22:10

I believe that Moonchild is attending FOSDEM this weekend, and will probably be catching up on the forum for a day or so before he gets a chance to respond.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2017-01-30, 10:06

JustOff wrote:Something really strange going on on your side if FM is refusing to install properly packaged extension. Unfortunately I have no idea how to deal with this. May be Moonchild will advise you something.
I think it is due to the profile importation from Thunderbird 45.0.6.

I usually just copy mbox files and then I recreate my mail accounts, but this time I was lazy and I've used MC migration tool that has created some issues with Lightning and other things.

However, the calender is now localized, though I had manually to do it. :D

Edit: BTW, I'm using 64 bit version.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-16, 09:07

snertev wrote:Fossamail claims it's incompatible with 27.0.0 though min/max version in install.rdf is right. :(
I think I found the cause, here is Localization Pack for Lightning@FossaMail 38.0 (Unofficial).

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2017-02-16, 09:42

JustOff wrote:
snertev wrote:Fossamail claims it's incompatible with 27.0.0 though min/max version in install.rdf is right. :(
I think I found the cause, here is Localization Pack for Lightning@FossaMail 38.0 (Unofficial).
It works in a clean installation of FossaMail 38.0. :D

Thanks!