"Show remote content" button

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

"Show remote content" button

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-01-28, 00:11

Love the new v27 update, thanks. Only minor niggle is this button, removed and available as a sub-option inside Options. Seems trivial but if used a lot, the extra clicks can take their toll. If there's a way to bring it back 'outside' or do this operation quickly in some other way, please let me/us know.
Show remote content button.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GreenGeek

Re: "Show remote content" button

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-01-28, 03:26

Not exactly what you want, but you could setup exceptions to allow remote content on an individual basis for the ones you typically want to allow. Under menu Tools, Options dialog, Privacy tab, Mail Content, Exceptions button.

I'm just glad it's blocked by default and 2 clicks doesn't bother me.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-28, 05:14

You're given finer grained control now. previously you had no control over individual linked remote domains, it was all-or-nothing. That wasn't a good thing, in this day and age of pulling externals in from all sorts of places.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-02-05, 08:49

Thanks for the replies. Indeed, it's more advanced and customisable now. Still, it'd be nice to have the first option ("Show remote content in this message") which still exists, promptly available for convenience's sake.

If the original intention for this change was to discreetly hide it from users, for security reasons and to prevent them from blindly pressing it then I have zero reasons to object. If it was just a UI change, I'd still disagree with it.

Not really a problem though.