Possible bug with Exchange Server IMAP Support? Topic is solved

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
raidenii

Possible bug with Exchange Server IMAP Support?

Unread post by raidenii » 2017-01-26, 15:06

I have recently upgraded Fossamail to 27.0 but it can no longer connect to company Exchange 2007 server using IMAP anymore. Fossamail prompts "
Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server. If so use the Advanced IMAP Server Settings dialog to reduce the number of cached connections." Since I'm the sysadmin, I restarted the IMAP service on mail server but to no avail. Also I rebooted my machine but sill it will not connect. I later downgraded Fossamail back to 25.2.4 and it connects without any problem.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Possible bug with Exchange Server IMAP Support?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-26, 20:31

Did you use the Advanced IMAP Server Settings dialog (in FossaMail) to reduce the number of cached connections?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

raidenii

Unread post by raidenii » 2017-01-27, 14:09

Moonchild wrote:Did you use the Advanced IMAP Server Settings dialog (in FossaMail) to reduce the number of cached connections?
Yes. Reducing to 1 still does not fix the problem. Also in 25.2.4 that setting is 5 and it works totally fine.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-27, 14:39

Well in that case it's clearly not a matter of too many connections.

Are you connecting using SSL/TLS to it? if so, can you check the SSL capabilities of that exchange server?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

raidenii

Unread post by raidenii » 2017-01-27, 15:12

Moonchild wrote:Well in that case it's clearly not a matter of too many connections.

Are you connecting using SSL/TLS to it? if so, can you check the SSL capabilities of that exchange server?
Hmm, sounds like a TLS ciphersuites issue then. I suppose Fossamail drops some deprecated TLS ciphersuites support?
I don't think there is a way for Windows 2003 and Exchange 2007 to display its preference on ciphersuites, though.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-27, 15:47

You can always enable deprecated ciphersuites again by going into the config editor and setting the appropriate ciphersuites like DES-EDE3 (see security.ssl3.* preferences)

raidenii

Unread post by raidenii » 2017-01-28, 22:55

Moonchild wrote:You can always enable deprecated ciphersuites again by going into the config editor and setting the appropriate ciphersuites like DES-EDE3 (see security.ssl3.* preferences)
Yes, enabling DES-EDE3 works (and the only solution if not considering RC4)... Windows 2003 supports up to TLS 1.0 thus AES is not an option. I guess it's time to persuade my boss to upgrade the server :coffee:
Thanks a lot!

Jay44Gee

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-01, 22:20

I just switched to Fossa Mail due to upgrading form 32 bit to 64 bit. Fossa Mail is Ver. 38.0.0 running on 64 bit WIN 7 Pro.
I have an intermittent problem along the same lines. Sometimes I can send an eMail and sometimes I cannot.
I thought it might be the attachments, or too many addresses listed, but I never had that problem in Thunderbird.
The error message I keep getting is attached.
Attachments
Error_Message.PNG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-04, 00:31

Jay: the message you got pretty much speaks for itself: you are trying to send messages with attachments that are refused by your outbound server because they are too large.
Reduce the size of your attachments, or use e.g. a cloud storage service to store the file(s) and provide a link in your e-mail.

Jay44Gee

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-04, 00:53

HI Moonchild:

Well, that really IS NOT the problem. Today the App has been working just fine. In fact I sent items with attachments with no problems.

HOWEVER, I have had the same problem when there are NO ATTACHMENTS as well as when I had just a few lines of text in a message and a - very small attachment.

It is just a weird intermittent bug.

Jay44Gee

Unread post by Jay44Gee » 2017-03-07, 20:43

Moonchild wrote:Jay: the message you got pretty much speaks for itself: you are trying to send messages with attachments that are refused by your outbound server because they are too large.
Reduce the size of your attachments, or use e.g. a cloud storage service to store the file(s) and provide a link in your e-mail.
I just tried to send an eMail to my brother that was maybe 5 lines of text and it would not send. No attachments of graphics - all text! As I stated this is intermittent and will take even larger attachments, like JPEG and PDF files - other times it just balks and I get the error message shown above from me.

ALSO, I'm getting this Dialog Box every time I open FossaMail - see graphic attached.
Attachments
FossaMail_02.PNG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-08, 02:48

If you're getting this message even with small attachments/messages, then you may be hitting a mailbox quota limit (or the server is hitting a disk space limit).

As for your integration window: if this keeps popping up, then please try setting FossaMail as the default application for all protocols it supports through your Windows control panel; if that is prevented due to e.g. system settings or policy settings, then uncheck the "Always perform this check" checkbox so it won't bother you again.