Sudden Yahoo issue

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
leftyb

Sudden Yahoo issue

Unread post by leftyb » 2017-01-24, 20:58

I have been using Fossamail with multiple services for a bit now and have not had any problems. Great program and kudos.

Suddenly though, a few days ago, my Yahoo mail account started failing login. I read the forums and turned off two-step verification just in case that caused the issue without success.

I deleted the account and have tried adding it again, but it cannot get past the password verification. I am sure I have the correct password, as I log on using the web with no issue.

Any ideas why I cannot get an existing Yahoo account added to Fossamail?

Thanks,
Bryce

d3v14n7

Re: Sudden Yahoo issue

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2017-01-25, 11:08

Mine is also doing the same.
However, a second attempt always works.
Yahoo were sending out notices about password/verification changes recently.
No doubt the same push that all other triggered sleeper organisations have emerged with; trying to profile us for the Swiss global fascist's CERN database and neural net [there is no Hadron Collider, slaves!] via consolidating online accounts, phone numbers and addresses related to each Vatican person[a] assigned to every REGIStered (de[-]livered -> re-liveried) being.
I've already been forced to drop/lose two email accounts due to such mandatory impositions.
I only have two accounts remaining, but I'm expecting this won't last long.
They don't like us continuing to use POP3 either, as our communications don't remain in their cloud where they can easily pull them up at any time - although there will likely be recorded backup regardless of this.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2017-01-25, 11:51

d3v14n7 wrote:They don't like us continuing to use POP3 either, as our communications don't remain in their cloud where they can easily pull them up at any time - although there will likely be recorded backup regardless of this.
I've just given up using Fossamail/Thunderbird for IMAP because of dataloss bugs like this:

bug #427007 (9 years old)

or the ultra-annoying "phantom folders" bug:

bug #544883 (7 years old, but it was already reported in 2002 bug #117664!!! :thumbdown: )

I've never lost a message via POP, but it occurred twice while migrating to my new IMAP server, for which I payed good money to my hosting provider. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

So far, the best IMAP client I've found on Windows is Claws Mail that, however, is a ported GTK2 application and has other quirks. :roll:

d3v14n7

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2017-01-25, 12:46

Even though I continue to use the (still available) POP3 option for both my remaining accounts, when I migrated back from Win[OSMTH data-harvest whore]10 to Win7 [The current "XP"] I lost a lot of mails to "the digital void".
As they were already downloaded they're probably still in Fossa's profile, only they didn't get incorporated during the migration.
I don't know why such may happen.
[I don't know how mail protocols work so I cannot even verify my own theories.]

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-25, 13:36

I don't have any issues with Yahoo mail and the IMAP protocol on my end

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2017-01-25, 13:42

It's worth noting that Yahoo Mail had a widespread outage yesterday. Lots of people having problems with logging into it, so I'd expect that this is what caused the problem here. Not a fault of Fossamail, unless of course it's still kaput now...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... gin-issues

d3v14n7

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2017-02-10, 09:41

Only returning to this thread to finalise it with the information that all did eventually return to normal operation after a couple of days of intermittent issues.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-10, 09:56

d3v14n7 wrote:Only returning to this thread to finalise it with the information that all did eventually return to normal operation after a couple of days of intermittent issues.
That's good to know! -- Let's just ignore the tinfoil-hat post you left above, then ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite