Interaction between filters and junk classification

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
andy80
Moonbather
Moonbather

Interaction between filters and junk classification

Unread post by andy80 » 2017-01-16, 04:12

Hi all,

this is just a minor thing, but it is kind of annoying.

I have multiple pop accounts whose mails are all collected in a single "Local folders", with multiple subfolders dedicated to different topics (work, mailing-lists, forum notifications, ...).
I use filters to move the incoming mails to the corresponding subfolders and they work as expected; filters are set to be run before junk classification.

Usually, when a mail is marked as spam, it is moved to the junk folder. However, sometimes the junk classification is not performed so the mail remains in the subfolder the corresponding filter has moved it to but as soon as I click on the subfolder to read the mail, the junk classification is performed and the mail is moved to the junk folder.

Is there a way to have the junk classification to be always performed immediately after the filter has completed its work?

Note that if I try to change the order in the filter specification, i.e., to run the filter after the junk classification, then the above problem seems to be solved but the folders with new unseen mails are no more marked in red instead of the usual blue, the new mail notification sound is no more played, and the popup showing the new mails is not shown; I find this situation more annoying than the other one, so I would avoid completely this approach unless the red folders and the notification sound and popup are preserved.