junk mail filter

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
esguild15

junk mail filter

Unread post by esguild15 » 2017-01-12, 01:32

Hi , so after having spam assssin enabled and marking certain emails as junk , is there anything i need to do to help fossa mail remember the marked junk as junk? I marked the ones i wanted as junk but they still sit in the inbox. Seems like i should be doing something else. Thanks

half-moon

Re: junk mail filter

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-12, 22:42

If you marked mail as junk, it should automatically move to the bulk/spam folder.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-01-12, 22:52

Check Tools/Account Settings/Junk Settings, I think the Move to Junk Folder is unchecked by default (mine was at least).

esguild15

Unread post by esguild15 » 2017-01-13, 18:24

Thanks , I checked every place telling me to send junk to folder , still wont work. it also doesnt seem to remember whats junk because i keep getting the same junk over and over. Thanks

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-01-13, 19:35

Are you expecting the Junk Mail function to block receiving those mails? Or delete them from server? Are you using IMAP or POP3? POP3 as far as I know will always still retrieve them but when working properly would automatically move them to the Junk folder. I don't use IMAP so I won't speculate. And I don't have anything in my inbox to properly test with at the moment. I know most spam filters have a "learning curve" to automatically identify new junk, but should immediately move the ones that are marked manually (unless it's already in the trash as in my case).