Search results

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Search results

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-07, 10:19

Once again I don't really know if this is a Thunderbird or FossaMail "issue"... When searching the Inbox in Thunderbird 2, typing something in the search field would automatically show results in the Inbox itself, filtered according to the search. In FossaMail, I have to hit enter, and then a new tab opens with the results. Is it possible to have search results displayed automatically in the Inbox when text is typed in the search field?

I guess I mean having the search field acting like the filter field... but without having the filter bar active.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Search results

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-09-07, 12:12

Let the search field be a search field? The filter bar exists for a reason :P
Search will search all of your messages, by the way, not what just happens to be your active mailbox. It is a completely different function.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Search results

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-07, 18:39

is there a way to have the filter search field out of the filter bar and in the mail toolbar? This is what my TB 2.x looks like on my private computer, and I'm too used to it so I keep making mistakes with fossamail on my work laptop :)