Moving FossaMail install/profile to another computer

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Moving FossaMail install/profile to another computer

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-04, 10:21

I most likely will need to change computers in the coming days. What's the easiest way to migrate my FossaMail install and profile there? Install FossaMail and Lightning on the new computer, and then copy/paste the content of .....\AppData\Roaming\FossaMail\ from the old one to the new one? Will all settings be migrated this way, including all of the Lightning user content and settings?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Moving FossaMail install/profile to another computer

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-09-04, 10:33

Your best bet is to copy before install.. Then any current mozilla-style application will just see it and use it.. You should aim to make sure to get the top-level appdata folder so appdata/vendor/application if you want the least amount of fuss and so it includes the profile ini file defining what and where profiles are specifically stored.

If you want more advanced nitty-gritty options and info post back and i'll type it up when I am next on my workstation..
Off-topic:
Phones will replace computers my ass. Boy i miss phpnes with hardware keyboards.. An android in a Palm Treo form-factor would be soo sweet.

Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Moving FossaMail install/profile to another computer

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-04, 16:15

Matt A Tobin wrote:If you want more advanced nitty-gritty options and info post back and i'll type it up when I am next on my workstation..
please :)