Removing "Me" displayed in addresses? Topic is solved

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Removing "Me" displayed in addresses?

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-08-31, 14:43

I'm guessing it's a thunderbird thing, but I couldn't find the answer or an option, but I might have missed it.

In the email header, FossaMail displays "Me" instead of my name/e-mail address. Is it possible to disable this?

example:
2016-08-31 16_41_29-FossaMail.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KNTRO

Re: Removing "Me" displayed in addresses?

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-09-02, 03:08

Hi there!

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for. This tab —however— is present in Thunderbird only, not FossaMail. :|

Best.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-09-02, 03:39

@Lebowsky
If this is in a later version of Thunderbird as KNTRO asserts but not in current FossaMail.. There will be good news on the horizon.. Once we finish our new Browser and Platform milestone currently codenamed "Tycho", we will be bringing in the native version of Thunderbird compatible with it to update FossaMail. Unlike our flagship product, Pale Moon, FossaMail's divergence isn't as complex so there isn't as much advantage to try and forward port it up to the platform backend for codename "Tycho".. It would be much more advantageous to merely port our changes, rather than the whole thing, to the near-native Mail application that matches our platform.

So, while we may not have this at the moment.. In due time we will. I will make sure of it personally. For now, You are Me.. and we are all in this together :thumbup:

@KNTRO
It would be much more helpful if you would please change to en-US when making screenshots. It may fly better if this was an alt lang thread but it isn't.. If you have to have a clean and default en-US profile.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-09-02, 09:31

Thats realy nice news, Tobin. Thanks for that!

Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-02, 13:13

Yes I'm using FossaMail and this option is not present, so I guess it arrived in TB in a later version... good to hear, I'll wait for it then :)

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-09-23, 05:18

Can't believe no one from the Moonchild Productions staff realized about this:

That screenshot is from FossaMail. That tab was moved. In Thunderbird is at Options > Display > Advanced, while in FossaMail the same tab is at Options > Advanced > Reading & Display.

Lebowsky,

Try unchecking the highlighted option and take a look if this works as expected.

Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2016-09-23, 11:36

lol, yep, that worked fine... thanks a lot!!