any trick to make Thunderbird add-ons compatible with FossaMail?

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
leopoldus

any trick to make Thunderbird add-ons compatible with FossaMail?

Unread post by leopoldus » 2016-08-28, 09:58

Hi, when I try to install some (actually quite many) Thunderbird add-ons to FossaMail last version 25.2.3, it reports, that the add-on is not compatible with FossaMail. This regards such must-have add-ons as e.g. Enigmail (the only PGP add-on available for Thunderbird), Nostalgy, Expression Search / GMailUI, Clippings, Text Size Toolbar and many others.

Is there any trick to make them compatible manually? Many thanks in advance!

half-moon

Re: any trick to make Thunderbird add-ons compatible with FossaMail?

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-08-28, 15:14

leopoldus wrote:Hi, when I try to install some (actually quite many) Thunderbird add-ons to FossaMail last version 25.2.3, it reports, that the add-on is not compatible with FossaMail. This regards such must-have add-ons as e.g. Enigmail (the only PGP add-on available for Thunderbird), Nostalgy, Expression Search / GMailUI, Clippings, Text Size Toolbar and many others.

Is there any trick to make them compatible manually? Many thanks in advance!
Yes, you can learn how to develop extensions and either fork existing extension or you can make them from scratch.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-28, 15:44

You know, that's the kind of response I would see in some Linux forums and the very same reason I quit going to them. :thumbdown:

Perhaps a simple, (no, sorry but if you know how, you can make your own) would work better. :think:

It's obvious that were getting many new folks that simply don't know, and if we want to keep them, then perhaps
we should remember that we too at one time were new here. Just sayin

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-08-28, 16:57

Thunderbird 24 extensions should work perfectly with FossaMail.. There just isn't that much difference on an FE basis.. We haven't changed the GUID and the backend shouldn't be that significantly different as far as extensions are concerned...

lightning slinger

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2016-08-28, 17:04

leopoldus wrote:Hi, when I try to install some (actually quite many) Thunderbird add-ons to FossaMail last version 25.2.3, it reports, that the add-on is not compatible with FossaMail. This regards such must-have add-ons as e.g. Enigmail (the only PGP add-on available for Thunderbird).......
Is there any trick to make them compatible manually?.....
I was under the impression that Enigmail ( I think currently at version 1.7.3) did install in FossaMail. I did used to have the Enigmail extension installed in FossaMail on one of my Linux machines earlier this year!