Text color?

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
David-A

Text color?

Unread post by David-A » 2016-08-17, 20:52

Is there any way to change the colour of the text in an e-mail? I know that when replying the incoming text is blue. But if I could differentiate between "quoted text" in a three-way e-mail to show who said what, and my response for instance?

David

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Text color?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-18, 12:17

I'm assuming you're composing in "rich text" (HTML) mode.
You can change the color of quotes by selecting the text and changing the color with the toolbar button.
Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2016-08-20, 02:17

Hello,

I think the original poster is talking about a way to automatically colour the text according to its quote level.

I'm aware of a custom modification that can be done to the userContent.css file, but I can't find it.

Looking on Mozilla Addons, I see that Quote colors could do what you want. It was designed for Thunderbird 2 and 3, but in the second comment, one explains that by updating the "install.rdf" segment, he was able to make it work for Thunderbird 38. So you will most likely be able to make it work for Fossamail.

Finally, there is this userscript that seems to work : https://userstyles.org/styles/1752/quot ... hunderbird. To install the script, you need to use the Stylish extension first.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-08-20, 05:22

mgagnonlv wrote:there is this userscript that seems to work : https://userstyles.org/styles/1752/quot ... hunderbird. To install the script, you need to use the Stylish extension first.
Hey, mgagnonlv, thanks a lot for sharing this! I love it! :thumbup:

Moonchild, could this feature be added in FossaMail's core code by default? I'm not asking it to be enabled by default, of course.

David-A

Unread post by David-A » 2016-09-08, 20:52

I apologise for asking the same question twice, I missed this response to my question.

Michel you are right, I am asking if there is a way "to colour the text according to its quote level". Doesn't have to be automatic if I could do it the way it's done in Hotmail, or G-mail. However, I am not using HTML because in Fossemail there seemed to be no way of knowing what size the text was going to be, anything from about 4pt. to 16pt in one message. I asked about that and was told not to use HTML. So would any of these suggestions work using plain text?

David