Active links in received HTML messages

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
KNTRO

Active links in received HTML messages

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-08-17, 00:54

Hi there,

Sorry if I'm making such a silly question, but I'd like to ask something about this:

When I receive an HTML message containing links, they are not links actually, but plain text only.

So, I was wondering if there's a tweak or something to make FossaMail recognize links as such and enable/active them as "clickeable".

Thanks in advance.

dark_moon

Re: Active links in received HTML messages

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-08-22, 20:53

Maybe you set to display plain text only.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-22, 20:59

KNTRO wrote:Hi there,

Sorry if I'm making such a silly question, but I'd like to ask something about this:

When I receive an HTML message containing links, they are not links actually, but plain text only.

So, I was wondering if there's a tweak or something to make FossaMail recognize links as such and enable/active them as "clickeable".

Thanks in advance.
Does this happen with all links or just some?

The reason I ask is sometimes when folks copy and paste a link they have a choice to just paste, or paste without formatting.
Screenshot - 8_22_2016 , 1_59_18 PM.png
If they paste without formatting, the link will just be text only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-08-22, 21:16

dark_moon wrote:Maybe you set to display plain text only.
Hmph… No, I don't think so. FossaMail is able to plenty display pictures, colors, different fonts and sizes, etc.
Thehandyman1957 wrote:Does this happen with all links or just some?

The reason I ask is sometimes when folks copy and paste a link they have a choice to just paste, or paste without formatting.
It's hard to tell.

Most HTML email messages comes with inserted links, i.e., underlined words or sentences that are "clickeable". Other HTML email messages comes with "naked" links —the ones beginning with http:// or https://— and the latter are sometimes "clickeable" and sometimes they just don't. Maybe this has something to do with the sender rather than the receiver. If that would the case, I'd love FossaMail to recognize these "naked" HTML links and enable them to click.