[da] v25.4.0

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
McFluffy

[da] v25.4.0

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-05-09, 18:48

Translated files for version 25.4 (nothing to add or change in palemoon.dtd though).
Attachments
PaleMoon-Dansk-v25_4.7z
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Michael

Re: [da] v25.4.0

Unread post by Michael » 2015-05-10, 11:48

Hello McFluffy,

Have any of the language files been modified in v25.4?

Thank you.

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-05-10, 12:42

Michael wrote:Hello McFluffy,

Have any of the language files been modified in v25.4?

Thank you.
Yes, all except the palemoon.dtd file.

But Danish is still marked red, so the files are not on the server yet.

Michael

Unread post by Michael » 2015-05-10, 12:55

Thanks. I appreciate it.

My language isn't Danish. :) I wanted to get your help for my local language.
What do yo mean "all except the palemoon.dtd file"? - You've updated the Danish files or the English files have been modified in v25.4?

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2015-05-10, 15:36

Moonchild provides the necessary files, where he has kindly filled in the previous translation. So I just translate new strings, and correct the very rare errors in the Firefox translation.
I presume this is an intermittent way of doing the translation, while the developer finds an acceptable online solution that will release him for his part of the job.

Michael

Unread post by Michael » 2015-05-10, 17:31

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-10, 19:47

I've processed and uploaded the completed language pack.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Michael

Unread post by Michael » 2015-05-10, 20:26

Hello MC,

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment.
- How can I know if any of the language files have been modified on a new release?
It would be very helpful if you posted a list of the new/changed strings (or at least a list of the modified files).

Thanks.

Sob__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Sob__ » 2015-05-10, 21:07

You can see all changes in GitHub repository. Currently changed files are certManager.dtd, pippki.properties, quitDialog.properties and palemoon.dtd. Bad news is that non-English languages were updated by simply overwriting previously translated files by English ones (I know it's easy to criticize; I'm just saying that it really isn't translator friendly). So you need to dig out older files before this update, revert to them and then update them by following commits in English version. Unless I missed something..

Michael

Unread post by Michael » 2015-05-11, 05:26

Hello Sob__,

Thank you for your clear and helpful reply. I really appreciate it.

Best regards.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-11, 08:21

Sob__

Please understand that the main translation for the language packs is done in babelzilla1. While the resulting language packs, when incomplete, may have more English that was previously translated while not completed, these translations are not lost, they just aren't public.
The repo isn't meant as a working translation system, it was just set up as a base and you can't work in it directly, nor have people indicated the desire to do so.

This is inherent to having to do it piecemeal (because babelzilla doesn't allow me to upload entire language packs), and not having a full translation system to work with (still trying to sort that out but very slow going). If I wanted to make incomplete language packs in the repo as complete as possible, I'd have to manually splice files for all languages, which I simply do not have the time for right now.

[1]http://www.babelzilla.org/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sob__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Sob__ » 2015-05-11, 12:26

Oops, sorry, my bad. I will pay more attention next time.