Pale Moon Italian translation :)

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Sleeping

Pale Moon Italian translation :)

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-10-23, 01:31

Hi, guys, and thanks for the exceptional work :)

Is there anyone already translating Pale Moon into Italian? I'd like to contribute somehow. I've already translated Classic Shell into Italian some time ago.
Please let me know. Have a nice day,

Federico

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Italian translation :)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-23, 05:25

We have a partial translation if the Pale Moon strings into Italian at the moment.

Basically, only 4 strings are left to be translated, but the previous translator is unresponsive for the required update for 25.*

If you could help us by finishing the translation, that would be great!

Here are the untranslated strings:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY toolkit.classic.download.window.label       "Use the classic downloads window">
<!ENTITY allTabs.filter.emptyText "Search Tabs">
<!ENTITY palemoon.firefoxCompatGroup.label    "Firefox Compatibility">
<!ENTITY palemoon.firefoxCompat.label         "Use Firefox Compatibility mode">
The second entry might not be clear, it's the placeholder text found in the search box when viewing the tabs pane (graphical tab switching with search) Ctrl+Shift+Tab
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-10-23, 10:56

In a few minutes I'm going to translate these strings :)

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-10-23, 11:15

"Use the classic downloads window": "Usa la finestra di download classica"
"Firefox Compatibility": "Compatibilità con Firefox"
"Use Firefox Compatibility mode": "Usa la modalità di compatibilità con Firefox"
"Search Tabs": "Cerca nelle schede"

I don't know if you have credits for the translators, but for me it would be useful to be added (if possible) because I'm a translator and this way I can improve my resume :)

I'm happy for this chance to contribute to this great project :)

Federico

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-23, 12:14

Thanks for the translation! I'll be more than happy to add you to the translation contributors. Please indicate how you want to be credited.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-10-23, 12:28

Thanks a lot for your understanding :)

Federico Bertagna would be great! Can you also tell me where the credits will be, so that I can link them in my resume?

Thank you one more time 8-)

And please keep in touch with me for the following versions and translation changes :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-23, 13:07

All right.

The credits will be in the actual language pack - not on a website, so linking to it might be a little difficult, although you can, of course, link to the language pack page on www.palemoon.org as a generic pointer.

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2014-10-23, 13:45

Sorry, I didn't know :)

So my name will appear here, next to Francesco Lodolo? :)

http://tinypic.com/r/rmqw0h/8

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2016-01-26, 14:53

Hello :)

I've just seen that the Italian language pack for 26.x is not ready yet. Can I help or is there anyone already taking active part in translating the strings that have changed from the previous release?

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2016-01-26, 16:24

Moonchild wrote:Basically, only 4 strings are left to be translated, but the previous translator is unresponsive for the required update for 25.*
Not sure if that's me or my predecessor. I was currently busy with my real work :shh: and due to the change of the translation interface had no way of knowing it was just 4 strings. Anyhow the 4 translated strings are fully OK !
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Iceberg

Unread post by Iceberg » 2016-03-27, 13:42

Hi; the following two files of the italian language pack 26.1 they are incorrect.

chrome/it/locale/it/global-platform/unix/platformKeys.properties
chrome/it/locale/it/global-platform/win/platformKeys.properties
Both files must have this content.

# This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
# License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
# file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.

VK_SHIFT = Maiusc
VK_META = Meta
VK_WIN = Win
VK_ALT = Alt
VK_CONTROL = Ctrl
MODIFIER_SEPARATOR = +

Maharid

Unread post by Maharid » 2016-04-01, 23:02

It work flawlessy, thanks.

This is the modified file, if someone can check it and swap it with the current one it will be downloadable for all.
it.xpi
Pale Moon 26.1 Working Italian Lenguage Pack
(371 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Anderaz

Unread post by Anderaz » 2016-04-05, 21:14

Hello everyone!
Maharid wrote:It work flawlessy, thanks.

This is the modified file, if someone can check it and swap it with the current one it will be downloadable for all.
it.xpi
Thanks for the file, but Sync Menu is still broken (and unusable since ther are no buttons):

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-04-05, 22:39

There is a reason why these language packs are marked RED. They are known to have issues due to Transifex's mangling.

Iceberg

Unread post by Iceberg » 2016-04-09, 12:20

I have corrected the Italian language pack with the changes that I report below.
The last part corrects the Sync error reported by @Anderaz.
I have attached the file that contains all the changes that I reported.

I indicated the corrections in this way:

1. The name of the file that contains the error.
2. Incorrect strings.
3. Correct strings, in bold red.

chrome/it/locale/it/global-platform/unix/platformKeys.properties
chrome/it/locale/it/global-platform/win/platformKeys.properties

Both files must have this content.

# This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
# License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
# file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.

VK_SHIFT = Maiusc
VK_META = Meta
VK_WIN = Win
VK_ALT = Alt
VK_CONTROL = Ctrl
MODIFIER_SEPARATOR = +
********************************************************************************************************
browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/preferences/security.dtd

<!ENTITY XSSFilt.label "XSS Filter">
<!ENTITY enableXSSFilt.label "Enable XSS filter">

<!ENTITY XSSFilt.label "Filtro XSS">
<!ENTITY enableXSSFilt.label "Attiva filtro XSS">

********************************************************************************************************
chrome/it/locale/it/mozapps/xpinstall/xpinstallConfirm.dtd

<!ENTITY dialog.title "Conferma impostazione cookie">

<!ENTITY dialog.title "Installazione software">

chrome/it/locale/it/global/customizeToolbar.dtd

<!ENTITY dialog.title "Conferma impostazione cookie">

<!ENTITY dialog.title "Personalizza barra degli strumenti">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/places/places.dtd

<!ENTITY col.parentfolder.label "Containing Folder">
<!ENTITY col.parentfolderpath.label "Containing Folder Path">

<!ENTITY col.parentfolder.label "Cartella superiore">
<!ENTITY col.parentfolderpath.label "Percorso completo">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/preferences/tabs.dtd

<!ENTITY restoreTabsOnDemand.label "Non caricare le schede prima che vengano selezionate">

<!ENTITY restoreTabsOnDemand.label "All'avvio non caricare le schede prima che vengano selezionate">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/palemoon.dtd

<!ENTITY palemoon.contextLoadInBackground.label "Quando esegui una ricerca contesto, passa immediatamente alla scheda sucecssiva">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.duration "Durata scorrimento lento con pagina su/giu:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.duration "Durata scorrimento lento con pagina su/giu:">

<!ENTITY palemoon.contextLoadInBackground.label "Quando esegui una ricerca dal menu contestuale, passa immediatamente alla nuova scheda">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.duration "Durata scorrimento lento con pagina su/giù:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.duration "Durata scorrimento lento con pagina su/giù:">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/syncBrand.dtd

<!ENTITY syncBrand.fullName.label "Firefox Sync">

<!ENTITY syncBrand.fullName.label "Pale Moon Sync">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/syncSetup.dtd

<!ENTITY serverType.default.label "Predefinito: server Mozilla &syncBrand.fullName.label;">

<!ENTITY serverType.default.label "Predefinito: &syncBrand.fullName.label; server">

chrome/it/locale/it/pippki/certManager.dtd

<!ENTITY certmgr.backup2.label "Copia di backup…">
<!ENTITY certmgr.backupall2.label "Backup generale …">

<!ENTITY certmgr.backup2.label "Salva…">
<!ENTITY certmgr.backupall2.label "Salva tutto…">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/preferences/cookies.dtd

<!ENTITY window.title "Blocco per gli appunti">

<!ENTITY window.title "Cookie">

/browser/chrome/it/locale/branding/brand.dtd

<!ENTITY trademarkInfo.part1 "The Pale Moon logo and project names are the property of Moonchild Productions. All rights reserved.">

<!ENTITY trademarkInfo.part1 "Il logo Pale Moon e i nomi del progetto sono proprietà di Moonchild Productions. Tutti i diritti riservati.">

chrome/it/locale/it/global/config.dtd

<!ENTITY aboutWarningTitle.label "There be dragons here!">
<!ENTITY aboutWarningText.label "Changing these advanced settings can be (severely) harmful to the stability, security, and performance of this application. You should only continue if you know what you are doing.">
<!ENTITY aboutWarningButton.label "I promise to be careful!">

<!ENTITY window.title "about:config">
<!ENTITY aboutWarningTitle.label "Questa operazione potrebbe invalidare la garanzia">
<!ENTITY aboutWarningText.label "La modifica dei valori predefiniti delle seguenti impostazioni avanzate può compromettere la stabilità, la sicurezza e le prestazioni di questa applicazione. Si consiglia di proseguire solo se consapevoli delle proprie azioni.">
<!ENTITY aboutWarningButton.label "Farò attenzione, prometto">

/chrome/it/locale/it/global/wizard.dtd

<!ENTITY button-back-win.label "< Indietro">
<!ENTITY button-next-win.label "Avanti >">

<!ENTITY button-back-win.label "< Indietro">
Attachments
it.xpi
Italian language pack 26.2 with all the above changes
(340.51 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

baggio

Unread post by baggio » 2016-04-15, 14:54

Good afternoon,
I have downloaded the language pack Iceberg: it works perfectly! :thumbup:
It does not correct all errors but it is much better than the official version and, for me, could pass the Italian from red to yellow.
This version should be adopted officially. :clap:

[Sorry for my bad english: I'm italian and I don't speak english]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-04-15, 17:02

I'll push out this update in a little bit. Thanks for your contribution, Iceberg!

Iceberg

Unread post by Iceberg » 2016-04-15, 20:57

You are welcome!
Many thanks to you and to your team for the great work you do.

Sleeping

Unread post by Sleeping » 2016-04-29, 12:13

I'm still here to help as I have already done in the past, if you need help.

Iceberg

Unread post by Iceberg » 2016-05-19, 20:14

I corrected other strings of the Italian language pack.
@Sleeping, if you see some errors you could report them; I remind you that some strings can not be translated.
I have attached the file that contains all the changes that I reported.

I indicated the corrections in this way:

1. The name of the file that contains the error.
2. Incorrect strings.
3. Correct strings, in bold red.
************************************************************************************
browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/palemoon.dtd

<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.explain.label "I parametri sotto indicati hanno effetto se è abilitato lo scorrimento lento nella casella sovrastante.">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.params.label "Parametri scorrimento lento">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.mousewheel.label "Scorrimento lento con rotella mouse">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.mousewheel.duration "Durata scorrimento con rotella mouse:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.arrowkeys.label "Scorrimento lento con frecce direzionali">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.arrowkeys.duration "Durata scorrimento con frecce direzionali:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.label "Scorrimento lento pagina su/giù">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.scrollbar.label "Scorrimento lento con barra scorrimento">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.scrollbar.duration "Durata scorrimento lento con barra scorrimento:">

<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.explain.label "I parametri sotto indicati hanno effetto solamente se è abilitato lo scorrimento continuo nella casella sovrastante.">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.params.label "Parametri scorrimento continuo">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.mousewheel.label "Scorrimento continuo con rotella mouse">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.mousewheel.duration "Durata scorrimento continuo con rotella mouse:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.arrowkeys.label "Scorrimento continuo con frecce direzionali">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.arrowkeys.duration "Durata scorrimento continuo con frecce direzionali:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.label "Scorrimento continuo con pagina su/giù">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.pagekeys.duration "Durata scorrimento continuo con pagina su/giù:">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.scrollbar.label "Scorrimento continuo con barra scorrimento">
<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.scrollbar.duration "Durata scorrimento continuo con barra scorrimento:">

************************************************************************************
browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/places/moveBookmarks.dtd

<!ENTITY window.title "Scegli la cartella">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/preferences/permissions.dtd

<!ENTITY window.title "Eccezioni">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/devtools/webConsole.dtd

<!ENTITY window.title "Console web">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/browser.dtd

<!ENTITY backForwardButtonMenu.tooltip "Per visualizzare la cronologia fare clic con il tasto destro o trascinare verso il basso il puntatore del mouse">
<!ENTITY backForwardButtonMenuMac.tooltip "Per visualizzare la cronologia trascinare verso il basso il puntatore del mouse">

<!ENTITY backForwardButtonMenu.tooltip "Tasto destro o trascina verso il basso per visualizzare la cronologia">
<!ENTITY backForwardButtonMenuMac.tooltip "Trascina verso il basso per visualizzare la cronologia">

browser/chrome/it/locale/browser/preferences/advanced.dtd

<!ENTITY useAutoScroll.accesskey "s">
<!ENTITY useSmoothScrolling.accesskey "a">
<!ENTITY updateCheck.accesskey "r">

<!ENTITY useAutoScroll.accesskey "U">
<!ENTITY useSmoothScrolling.accesskey "U">
<!ENTITY updateCheck.accesskey "C">

/chrome/it/locale/it/global/wizard.dtd

chrome/it/locale/it/global/printPreview.dtd

<!ENTITY scale.accesskey "S">

<!ENTITY scale.accesskey "a">
Attachments
it.xpi
Italian language pack 26.2.2 with all the above changes
(340.76 KiB) Downloaded 51 times