[Da] 25.0.2

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
McFluffy

[Da] 25.0.2

Unread post by McFluffy » 2014-10-20, 21:00

Fin og professionel oversættelse. Måske kunne du lige tage disse 2 med næste gang, tak.

Last edited by McFluffy on 2014-10-26, 21:49, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: To the Danish translator

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-21, 07:10

We currently don't have a Danish translator.
If you wish to help, please translate the strings in the following palemoon.dtd file? :)
Attachments
palemoon.dtd
Pale Moon 25.0 language strings
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

McFluffy

Re: To the Danish translator

Unread post by McFluffy » 2014-10-21, 20:29

Here it is, although not completely translated.
1) "Send Page Link…"> Where is this one located?
2) "When performing a context search, switch to the new tab immediately"> I don't know what a context search is, please explain.
No translation is better than a direct translation 8-) Knowledge of where the translation is used is necessary.
Also I have several of the "unrecognized letter" signs in the file. Is it because I use notepad?
I have not changed the accesskeys, although they may be missing the correct letter after the translation.

The Firefox translator has done a very good and professional translation. He might get a job at M$, translating Win 7 and 8. The translation of these products are unprofessionel and embarrassingly low quality. The XP translation is perfect.
He missed a tiny one here:

The word "scroll" does not exist in Danish language, so the checkbox text is mixed language.
Attachments
DK-palemoon.dtd
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Da]

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-25, 17:38

Thanks for your efforts so far!

the problem is that 25.0.2 needs a few more strings, so I can't include your DK one as-is.

I'm including the finalized English one, if you could add the da strings that are missing to your fine and upload the result, I can create the da language pack.
Attachments
palemoon.dtd
(3 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2014-10-25, 22:57

Please read the post above and answer the 2 questions, so I can include those 2 strings as well.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-26, 07:27

McFluffy wrote:Please read the post above and answer the 2 questions, so I can include those 2 strings as well.
Sorry,

1) Send Page Link is in the context menu on web pages. It sends a link to the current page to your designated e-mail program.

2) A context search is when you select text on a page, then right-click, then select "search DuckDuckGo for 'selected text'"
Where "DuckDuckGo is your actively selected search engine, and selected text is the text you just selected.
With the option checked, the browser will activate the new search tab immediately.

McFluffy

Unread post by McFluffy » 2014-10-26, 21:49

Here is the 25.0.2 file.
I have a few comments:
1) The word "scroll" will still exist in the settings menu after translation, even as caption on the tab.
2) The entire "status bar options" & "advanced options" groups are still in English.
3) "Recent tags" label in bookmarks needs translation.
4) I have translated "send link" and "send page link" to 1 sentence, since I find the 2 functions exactly equal. Am I wrong :?:
Attachments
DK-2502-palemoon.dtd
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Da] 25.0.2

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-27, 09:54

Thanks for the da language translation! EDIT: now live!

re: your comments:

1. I'll adapt it in the base language pack as-needed.

2. Status bar is a separate module (pseudo-extension).
See: http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... nsion=5673
"Advanced options" is the Pale Moon Commander extension.
See: http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... nsion=5701

I plan to rework the status bar and language packs overall when I get time for it; for the time being this is the way it has to be done (separately)

3. This is a folder name as-included in the default folders in your bookmarks. This is because Pale Moon is released with English pre-defined bookmarks and bookmark structure. This can't be helped because of the limitations of language packs. (They aren't UI strings)

4. The functions are equal but the context where the choices appear is not. It's very possible that in non-English languages this nuance difference is not needed, so it's fine for me ;)