I am willing to translate Pale Moon to Chinese. I had already tanslated some software.

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
pngsinsun
New to the forum
New to the forum

I am willing to translate Pale Moon to Chinese. I had already tanslated some software.

Unread post by pngsinsun » 2023-05-08, 18:53

Use computer since 1988. A Taiwanese(Free China). R.O.C Taiwan non pay Officials. K.M.T Party member. Computer super user such like Dos 1.0, Unix 1, Windows 2.0, Slakeware 0.?, Amiga 1.0, Apple II, Palm, WinCE, TV PCI card, Soundboard 1.0, 4DOS 1.0, Com Printer, PE1, ET1, X11 1.0, XFCE 1.0, mIRC 3.0,
Modem 14400(hm....)?. Mosaic 1.0!, AT&T Router, AOL 1.0 (tremendously expensive from Asia), DBT (FBI was warning my Government 90').
I use Slackware and Gentoo to study Linux. V.B 2.0, Turbo C 2.0, ANSI C, QBasic, HEX, BIG-5, GBK, Unicode 1, CNS 1394, ISO2200. I am not a programmer.
I don't play any dos flight games(Falcon? no way. X-Wing? no way) and only play Doom I and Duke 3.0. Never ever touch any other more F.P.S(CS:GO? no way, HALO? no way.) Never FPS at all!
And R.T.S fans, SimCity super fan, Settler, KOEI, and only play Nintendo not include any Sony PlayStation at all(No PS1, No PS2 or more). I only play Baseball. I don't think Gym is healthy.
Sid Meier's super fan. And I am part of CSSoft.com which public C-Organizer and Advanced Diary. Now, I use Windows 11 and Debian. Trully dislike Steve Jobs and his products, tho his biography is memorable.
But I just hate Mac. I like Gnome and KDE but they don't like each other. T.S.M.C is my friend. But Taiwan software is just not good enough such like Cyberlink, Pc-Cilline, EaseUS, Notepad++ and few more.
Taiwan is world N.O 1 computer hardware producer. You may think it's only Personal Computer Not I.B.M server, or Super Micro. WRONG, Taiwan product INTEL and almost all A.M.D.
And on Internet, Taiwan contribute Yahoo, and YouTube inverter which sell most part to Google. Even now, all Asian does not like iPhone or iMac at all which is for luxury and betrayer person.
I am Chinese P.h.D. I don't want to introduce five thousands years old text books. Just like simple and humble man as Pale Moon. I don't do programming. I have cheated with Bill Gates five times. I've studied in U.Vic.
By the way, Chinese characters can scan any languages' top secret words or terms. I am Bill's little friend. And I like Linus and his Linux. You know I mentioned, I hate Steve Jobs. Are you surely don't know A.R.M CPU invented by Taiwanese?
Raspberry Pi is U.K's products and etc. But are you sure A.R.M CPU is not invented by Taiwanese? Talk about computer hardware, not need to mention, 95% is Made in Taiwan. Do you know M.I.T? It's not only made in Taiwan but also Taiwanese University.
Since I'm Chinese scholar, you kinda need to know some Chinese. Just a little. I like you, all my friends. May I say again? NO FPS, Never.

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: I am willing to translate Pale Moon to Chinese. I had already tanslated some software.

Unread post by andyprough » 2023-05-08, 19:33

pngsinsun wrote:
2023-05-08, 18:53
NO FPS, Never.
And yet, "Doom I and Duke 3.0". That's a contradiction. Also, SimCity is worse than DOS flight games, in my humble opinion.

I did know that M.I.T. was made in Taiwan by the way. I think everyone knows that. :coffee:

Welcome! I have a lot of Chinese speaking friends who could really use your Pale Moon translation work.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: I am willing to translate Pale Moon to Chinese. I had already tanslated some software.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-08, 19:50

Not sure what you hoped to achieve with this word salad of disjointed anecdotes but it doesn't make a good case for a disciplined and accurate translator.
By the way we already have several Chinese translators and complete language packs for both simplified and traditional Chinese. Seems like you missed that fact ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-08, 19:54

andyprough wrote:
2023-05-08, 19:33
I did know that M.I.T. was made in Taiwan by the way. I think everyone knows that. :coffee:
Aside from the most common use of that TLA being for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ;-) (e.g. the M.I.T. Open Source licensing is not from Taiwan)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Kerebron
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kerebron » 2023-05-08, 20:10

This was weird, even for a bot. :eh:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-09, 06:40

[deleted 3 more word salad posts that were offtopic ranting on about WWII and Taiwan and Bill Gates]

I'll be locking this. it's going nowhere.