New feature request: not applying language shorcuts

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Juju Dredd
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

New feature request: not applying language shorcuts

Unread post by Juju Dredd » 2022-04-02, 04:07

Hello,

Using the current french language pack is a true nightmare for me, because it radically distort the keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl+C switches from "copy" to "search", Ctrl+V does not "paste" anymore... This is a true nightmare to me. Is there currently any possibility to solve this other than not using french language pack? If there is not, could a preference such as "not applying language pack shorcuts" be added?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: New feature request: not applying language shorcuts

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-02, 11:46

I'm assuming you are using Pale Moon v30. Please switch to Pale Moon v29.4.5.1 and install the appropriate language pack there.
The issue with the language packs for v30 is that they had command and access keys mistranslated from translation memory. This is a known issue with single-character "translations" that sometimes do need to have their translation adjusted. I'm aware that command keys should normally not be touched so i'll look into excluding those somehow, if possible without actually hard-coding.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Juju Dredd
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: New feature request: not applying language shorcuts

Unread post by Juju Dredd » 2022-04-04, 04:04

Okay, I switched to English. I will check if the problem is solved with latter versions.