Updating Crowdin... again

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Updating Crowdin... again

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-29, 19:18

Well, so, I'm having to update crowdin again, this time to revert to UXP.
I'm going to try and leverage crowdin's API this time to update source files going forward as well as uploading the existing language packs as pretranslations (and fill in the non-published packs with pretranslations) this will take a little bit of time so please be patient as I set it up.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Updating Crowdin... again

Unread post by loxodont » 2022-03-31, 00:30

Thx for the new crowdin upload ... and notifications. Comparing a few strings with access/commandkeys it looks fine so far.

2 Questions

Is there a time frame or rough deadline for the langpacks?

I got a few blankscreens on crowdin first which ended in a blankscreen loop. The suggestion in another thread was to better use Chrome (or Edge). As I've no experience with 'both' of them, can I also use Ungoogled Chromium or Iridium instead?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-31, 10:14

loxodont wrote:
2022-03-31, 00:30
Is there a time frame or rough deadline for the langpacks?
Not at the moment, no. Take your time - it will be a while before I have everything to a release-ready state for v31 which will be where this work will become important, but I wanted to get it set up first to make sure people volunteering their skills have as much opportunity as possible to work on it.
loxodont wrote:
2022-03-31, 00:30
I got a few blankscreens on crowdin first which ended in a blankscreen loop. The suggestion in another thread was to better use Chrome (or Edge). As I've no experience with 'both' of them, can I also use Ungoogled Chromium or Iridium instead?
Anything Chromium-based should work. Unfortunately their interactive translator UI was Googlified somewhere along the way, and has intermittent issues, probably because of the "async disease". Performance has gone considerably backwards at least.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2022-03-31, 13:58

Thx for replies
... and GL :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-31, 14:42

Please understand I'm still working on sorting all this out. I'll send all people on Crowdin a message when it should be OK to go on doing work. I'm still having some issues getting the access/command keys to be accepted by Crowdin.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2022-04-10, 20:35

I have received various crowdin messages (automatically generated) but it is not clear to me if we (translation/verifier) should wait or work on the translations now.
I tried looking at the italian translations, but both the "translate all" button as well as clicking on a single module which is not tagged 100% gives me all "green" (already translated) entries and no "orange" (to be translated) entries.
I am assuming this means I have to wait, correct ?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-11, 00:35

I sent messages through the crowdin system

It should be good to go. The translations should be all imported now from the existing language packs. PLEASE NOTE that it is quite possible that suggestions are entered that were not translated but are still marked as "done" -- there was no other way to do this because of a limitation in the Crowdin system which I've been in touch with their support department for. All "verifications" are also cleared.
So please do keep an eye out for untranslated strings, and if you have time go through the strings and verify them as "done and checked" so there will be some semblance of verification that can be seen. There aren't any new strings at the moment but that will change once I've caught up with the changes and push new source language files.