Language initialisation

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Language initialisation

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-01-08, 12:03

I think the issue is that they want to create a new installer that starts already in japanese.
But then the question is: why can't they provide a real language pack for japanese and why are they leaving the installation to their customers instead of helping them or installing everything themselves?

Kendo
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Kendo » 2021-01-08, 22:09

Moonchild wrote:
2021-01-08, 10:21
the safeguard we put in place to make sure that incompatible/broken language packs don't leave the user with an unusable browser
Can you please point me to that code so that I can disable it to find exactly where the error is.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-09, 00:59

The error is in your language pack. You have to make sure that what you are trying to use has entries for all localized strings.
I'm not sure how you plan on troubleshooting that if the browser won't start, but good luck with it.

The code is in autorecovery.js
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-01-09, 07:13

I hope to hell this person isn't distrubuting branded custom builds or other damaging hackjobs to people.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-09, 11:20

I mentioned this for a reason.

Kendo: It would put everyone at ease if you could confirm what you are, in fact, doing with the browser. Officially-branded browsers are not your property to do with as you please and their redistribution is restricted. So far you've been rather opaque as to your exact situation. If you need permission according to the licensing, then be a good sport and ask me; if not and we find out you're doing something opposed the redist licensing then we will bring the hammer down on you, an unnecessary situation which I'd like to avoid.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite