New manager wanted

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

New manager wanted

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-17, 10:51

Due to personal differences JustOff is no longer our manager for localization of Pale Moon.
As such, I'm looking for someone to take his place and take off some of the workload surrounding localization from myself.

Your tasks:
  • Adding new software strings to Crowdin for translation when they are added to our source.
  • Managing communication with translators on Crowdin and solving any technical issues with the translations
  • Assigning proofreaders of languages
  • Exporting Crowdin data to the repository that is used for building the language packs
I'd prefer someone already familiar with Crowdin as a platform and with basic knowledge of our tools (it involves running some command-line scripts at various stages), but anyone who thinks they can do this can apply.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Alucard

Re: New manager wanted

Unread post by Alucard » 2020-11-22, 22:06

Dear Mr. Moonchild,
I've been using Pale Moon since about one year ago now and I find it to be the best browser.
I particularly appreciate the presence of all the settings which were removed from Firefox in the past, the orientation towards security,
the ability to install many useful extensions and, above all, the fact that it uses half the memory of Firefox to keep the same websites open.
To be honest, I was quite happy when I was told about its existence.
I have a technical background, kwow programming with the following languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, Javascript, Json, SQL, C, C++.
I think I could work with the Crowdin localization management platform with no effort.
During the last years I have worked as Software Engineer in the electronics production branch (placement machines) in Germany and I'm native Italian (I can also speak almost perfect German). At the moment I'm not working due to the pandemics.
When I read your announcement I thought I could be helpful.
Let me know,

Best regards.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-24, 10:08

Thanks for your offer. After this upcoming release is out the door I'll get in touch to set you up with the necessary permissions and instructions. I appreciate your help!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-24, 15:57

Three hundred Quatloos on the newcomer!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-12-08, 18:40

You better get your quatloos back from your bookie, because the newcomer has already left the building.

As of right now the position is still open.