[Solved] en-GB localisation file still shows incorrect

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
surio

[Solved] en-GB localisation file still shows incorrect

Unread post by surio » 2013-04-23, 03:53

Hello,

I have upgraded to Palemoon 20.0.1. I have removed the 19.0 language pack completely. I added the new en-GB language pack from here: http://www.palemoon.org/langpacks.shtml

I have also followed all the instructions in that page correctly. Additionally, my "intl.locale.matchOS" variable is set to false.

But still, I only see "Colors" and not "Colours" on the Preferences panel.

Something is wrong, but I am not sure where. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2013-04-24, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked solved

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: en-GB localisation file still shows incorrect spelling

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-04-23, 22:44

@surio: Welcome to the forum! :) Regret I cannot replicate your problem with Pale Moon 20.0 en-GB language pack.
surio wrote:But still, I only see "Colors" and not "Colours" on the Preferences panel.
By "Preferences panel" I'm assuming you mean the "Fonts & Colours" section in Options > Content tab > Fonts & Colours > Colours button > Colours panel? If so, the language pack correctly adjusts all to the UK spelling of "colours" for me. :thumbup:

Have tried installing the en-GB.xpi pack in several different ways and deliberately not following the steps 1-6 as recommended on the Pale Moon language packs page, e.g. restart immediately and then change general.useragent.locale to en-GB in about:config later. All methods seem to work.

Can't immediately see what could have gone awry - can only suggest you "Remove" English (GB) Language Pack 20.0 in Add-ons Manager, select "Restart now" - on completion of restart - go into about:config and "Reset" general.useragent.locale preference (right-click on pref - select "Reset") to en-US default value - then try a completely fresh install?

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2013-04-24, 07:49

Concur with Blacklab with this one, after installation of en-GB language pack and changing the about:config setting I get the corrected spelling of colors to colours. Suggest you start again, uninstall and follow the procedure described in the Pale Moon Home Page to the letter and see if that corrects the problem. Please get back to us either way, thanks.

surio

Unread post by surio » 2013-04-24, 18:46

Thank you both!

Although I had done whatever you mentioned in your suggestions while installing the language pack in the first place, it did not work then.

And it has worked now! And I am feeling somewhat foolish.

Anyway, thanks for replying to my thread.

Best,