Pale Moon 27 localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 27 localization

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-19, 19:00

As a note though, we will be publishing 27.1 soon, which uses a different language string set. I don't know how you've managed this in your CrowdIn/repo management, justOff, but we should probably target 27.1 in its current state (I'll language-freeze as of now, no more locale strings will change before release of 27.1) and make sure the language packs are as complete as possible and work on the current unstable builds.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-19, 19:47

Latest beta of language packs, regardless of its name, already has 100% strings from Pale Moon 27.1. Actually it includes only 2 new strings related to permissions manager. I have just sent the reminder to all translators who have not yet done the update. Let's give them a few days (this weekend), and I think we will be ready to release.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-01-19, 20:11

You can mark german as 100% verified. I doesnt think anyone have problems with that new translation strings.
I cant verify because of permissions but yeah.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-19, 20:39

JustOff wrote:Latest beta of language packs, regardless of its name, already has 100% strings from Pale Moon 27.1. Actually it includes only 2 new strings related to permissions manager. I have just sent the reminder to all translators who have not yet done the update. Let's give them a few days (this weekend), and I think we will be ready to release.
Like I said I just didn't know what the current status is of them :)

So, are those beta ones compatible with both 27.0 and 27.1? In that case it would likely be prudent to publish them before the browser update so automatic updates can pick them up for an as smooth as possible transition.

The browser itself will be held off until after the next Firefox release cycle (2017-01-24) so I can pick up any sec fixes that are applicable to us.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2017-01-20, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 2017
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-19, 21:25

Moonchild wrote:Like I said I just didn't know what the current status is of them :)
I can proud that you don't need to do so :angel:
So, are those beta ones compatible with both 27.0 and 27.1? In that case it would likely be prudent to publish them before the browser update so automatic updates can pick them up for an as smooth as possible transition.
Yes, I keep to hold all strings from 27.0.0 till now.
The browser itself will be held off until after the next Firefox realease cycle (2017-01-24) so I can pick up any sec fixes that are applicable to us.
I hope we will be ready to update language packs to 2017-01-23.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2017-01-20, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 2017

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-01-19, 21:51

Just a friendly reminder: It would be wise to have the language packs finished and set on AUS before a new version of Pale Moon lands so that they can be picked up by the first run update checker.

Aube Bleue

Unread post by Aube Bleue » 2017-01-19, 22:47

Another friendly reminder, dear devs: we're already in 2017. :idea: I guess the mental transition to the new year still hasn't gone smoothly in your case… :-P

That corrected, you're doing a great coordinating job, JustOff. Thanks a bunch for your sustained efforts. :bowing:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-20, 02:27

Aube Bleue wrote:Another friendly reminder, dear devs: we're already in 2017.
Yup! edited ;)
I guess it's because things just feel rather unreal right now, with current global developments. The news is full of it.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-01-20, 04:03

dark_moon wrote:You can mark german as 100% verified. I doesnt think anyone have problems with that new translation strings.
I cant verify because of permissions but yeah.
Verification done. thx for translations :-)

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-01-22, 14:29

Here is pre-release build that is targeted to Pale Moon 27.1 (also compatible with 27.0.0 and later).
palemoon_2017-01-22_16-15-32.png
Let's take a final look at it... :coffee:

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-02-21, 06:50

Hi,

Since Pale Moon is a really good browser alternative for my Linux distribution, I thought that I should help finish Swedish translation. Actually I have already started working at Crowdin even though I prefer off line translation.
There is however, one thing that I miss more then the off line translation, and that is live testing my translations. After nearly 600 software translations over the years, my experience is that live testing is essential to make sure to deliver good quality translations.

Please, make the Crowdin files downloadable for personal testing use!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-21, 10:20

Unfortunately considering specifics of integration between CrowdIn and Pale Moon sources and the requirement of postprocessing there is no way to provide direct downloads from Crowdin that are ready for testing. This is why I periodically build and publish beta versions of language packs. If you need to get fresh build out of schedule just drop me PM here on forum or at CrowdIn.

eson57

Unread post by eson57 » 2017-02-21, 10:42

Ok, but I think you are making it more complicated then it have to be. I know perfectly well how to build a xpi language pack. It's no rocket science. ;)

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-21, 11:31

Fresh beta versions of language packs are ready for testing.
palemoon_2017-02-21_13-13-00.png
Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

eson57 wrote:Ok, but I think you are making it more complicated then it have to be. I know perfectly well how to build a xpi language pack.
XPIs can't be built directly based on sources from CrowdIn, so let's follow the streamlined method and don't hesitate to contact me via PM when it's needed.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-02-22, 09:45

27.2 unstable has new texts that are missing and in beta langpack too. 4 lines of "offlineAppsPermissions"

Do you intend to restore pdfviewer, otherwise why does keep its text?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-02-22, 10:57

Extra strings don't hurt perse.. Missing ones DO.. Obviously, there needs to be a lot of cleanup..

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-02-22, 13:32

Fedor2 wrote:27.2 unstable has new texts that are missing and in beta langpack too. 4 lines of "offlineAppsPermissions"
Thanks, I'm aware of this.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-03-02, 20:58

I translate the new strings for german.

( https://crowdin.com/translate/pale-moon/44/enus-de +
https://crowdin.com/translate/pale-moon/293/enus-de )

Now someone need to confirm it.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-03-05, 00:46

dark_moon wrote:I translate the new strings for german.
Now someone need to confirm it.
thx dark_moon,
- approved.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-03-13, 12:54

Here is the next beta build (compatible with 27.0.0-27.2.0a1). It includes 100% verified English (UK) locale (thanks to Lootyhoof) and also contains XPIs for all languages that were ever updated beginning from the start of translation at CrowdIn.
2017-03-13_14-22-16.png
I regret to inform you that I received a message from balloon that he would no longer be able to work on the Japanese language pack. I hope the new volunteer who will undertake this will join us soon.

Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!