Pale Moon 27 localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
JustOff

Re: Pale Moon 27 localization

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-11, 15:37

dark_moon wrote:Yeah the shortcuts have problems but this isn't a real problem for normal usage.
No, I think this is huge problem and I hope it will be solved before release.
Actually the only browser.dtd file requires changes to fix that, but it should be done very carefully.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-12-11, 17:02

Quorx wrote:Shortcuts in the german version are not adapted, instead english shortcuts are used. So most of them are not integrated but set in brackets after the translated item, or they are other ones than usual:

Main menu in PM 26: »Datei - Bearbeiten - Ansicht - Chronik - Lesezeichen - Extras - Hilfe«

in PM27 with RC11: »Datei (F) - Bearbeiten - Ansicht (V) - Chronik (S) - Lesezeichen (B) - Extras - Hilfe«

I don’t think that german language file would be fine for release. (Had looked how to contribute, but sorry, I do not have any time for that at the moment. It’s December...)
I'm really tryin to fix that since a while in voting and proofreading again and to reset the key values to their standards as in german Pale Moon 26 and/or Firefox 38 which is mostly matching with Wolfbeast suggestions.

It would have been very helpful here, if, from the start, there would have been a clear guideline, stickied to the translation pages ... and a big "Read This!" sign on the frontpage :)

José Labán
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by José Labán » 2016-12-11, 18:56

It's a hard task since there is no easy way to know which lines shares a menu. The way I have been doing this is checking every menu and using the right mouse everywhere finding those (letter) shortcuts Quorx was mentioning.
Is there a way to know which entries shares menu beforehand?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-11, 20:11

José Labán wrote:Is there a way to know which entries shares menu beforehand?
As for me, the simplest way to deal with menus and access keys is to open browser.dtd in en-US and target (for example es-MX) locales along with two portable copies of Pale Moon (en-US and localized). And in case of any doubts browser.dtd from Firefox language pack is also very helpful.

José Labán
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by José Labán » 2016-12-12, 03:00

Yes, I had been doing things like that, but I don't know if I have seen every posible menu arrange to test my letter choices. And I don't trust the firefox translations completely, for example the line "Inspeccionar elemento" had a "Q" as a shortcut, and some other bad assignations.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-12, 12:13

Fresh beta versions of language packs are ready. Now we have twelve 100% translated locales and six of them are 100% verified. New (78% translated) Portuguese Brazilian locale was added to this build, thanks to the help from Mozilla Brazil. And thanks to loxodont, the major flaws with access keys in German have already been corrected.
2016-12-12_13-37-49.png
Starting from the upcoming 27.0.3 release all translators will be listed in the language pack detail, so please verify that your name is included and written properly. You can use this build to test how it looks. Drop me PM if something need to be corrected.

And as usual: thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2016-12-16, 11:34

JustOff wrote:
How do I propose a new language translation?

I want to propose Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia).

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-16, 11:44

latitude wrote:How do I propose a new language translation?

I want to propose Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia).
I have added Indonesian as target language, you can start translation right now 8-)

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2016-12-16, 12:24

JustOff wrote:100% verified.
Need the translation to be verified to be released?

How is the verification process going, especially I am the only user which contribute to Indonesian localization?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-16, 12:51

Is everyone happy with the languages that are now 100% translated status? If so, I'd like to go ahead and publish them as officially released.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-16, 13:12

latitude wrote:Need the translation to be verified to be released?

How is the verification process going, especially I am the only user which contribute to Indonesian localization?
Let's return to this question when your translation will be around 80-90%. But I can tell that we have examples of language packs that successfully translated and verified by one person and are planned to be declared as release and those who have the known problems and probably will be released with warnings or postponed.
Moonchild wrote:Is everyone happy with the languages that are now 100% translated status? If so, I'd like to go ahead and publish them as officially released.
If you don't mind, let's postpone the release of language packs a few more days and plan it to the next week.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-16, 13:44

JustOff wrote:If you don't mind, let's postpone the release of language packs a few more days and plan it to the next week.
All right. Just send me a PM whenever. I'll be slow to do much of anything Pale Moon related from this point forward though because i need a break. (not that publishing some stuff on the website will be a problem)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-16, 14:15

Moonchild wrote:All right. Just send me a PM whenever. I'll be slow to do much of anything Pale Moon related from this point forward though because i need a break.
For the clarification, current status of translation is following:

I'm almost sure that Czech, French, Russian, Spanish (Argentina) and Spanish (Mexico) are ready to be declared as release. German and Italian are in the verification process (28% an 7%), but the most significant problems seems were already solved, so probably they could be released too. I guess that Chinese Simplified, Hungarian, Japanese and Spanish (Spain) are also good enough to be presented to the public, but I can't be sure, because they still have not passed any verification. Polish has known problems and unfortunately there is only one person involved, while members of Poland Mozilla l10n community whom I've tried to contact are not interested in Pale Moon. Probably we could release it as is. Portuguese is under active translation (72%) and verification (8%) that going in parallel managed by trusted person from Portugal l10n community, but it will take a some more time. Other language packs are on different stages and still far from release.

I'm going to make some small updates and fixes based on feedback from translators within next few days and let you know.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-16, 19:42

Pre-release versions of language packs were built and available on usual place.
palemoon_2016-12-16_22-18-32.png
Thanks for suggestions and feedback, new contributors are welcomed!

Feanaro

Unread post by Feanaro » 2016-12-16, 21:39

JustOff wrote:
Moonchild wrote:All right. Just send me a PM whenever. I'll be slow to do much of anything Pale Moon related from this point forward though because i need a break.
Polish has known problems and unfortunately there is only one person involved, while members of Poland Mozilla l10n community whom I've tried to contact are not interested in Pale Moon. Probably we could release it as is.
Polish language pack still seems to have wrong hotkey set - e.g. ctrl+c refreshes the page. If not for that, it would be ready for release imo.

I'd help with proofreading the translation if I wasn't so busy right now. Maybe I will be able to in a couple of days.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-16, 22:15

Feanaro wrote:Polish language pack still seems to have wrong hotkey set - e.g. ctrl+c refreshes the page. If not for that, it would be ready for release imo.
Thanks, I have fixed this particular problem (pl.xpi was updated in place), tell me if you find another significant errors of this type.
I'd help with proofreading the translation if I wasn't so busy right now. Maybe I will be able to in a couple of days.
It would be great and never too late, even after the release.

Feanaro

Unread post by Feanaro » 2016-12-16, 22:46

JustOff wrote:
Feanaro wrote:Polish language pack still seems to have wrong hotkey set - e.g. ctrl+c refreshes the page. If not for that, it would be ready for release imo.
Thanks, I have fixed this particular problem (pl.xpi was updated in place), tell me if you find another significant errors of this type.
It would be great and never too late, even after the release.
Thanks. I installed the beta pack and will be using it, I'll report issues, should any appear.

I'll look into proofreading the translation in a couple of days.

BSzili

Unread post by BSzili » 2016-12-17, 10:48

JustOff wrote:
For the clarification, current status of translation is following:

I'm almost sure that Czech, French, Russian, Spanish (Argentina) and Spanish (Mexico) are ready to be declared as release. German and Italian are in the verification process (28% an 7%), but the most significant problems seems were already solved, so probably they could be released too. I guess that Chinese Simplified, Hungarian, Japanese and Spanish (Spain) are also good enough to be presented to the public, but I can't be sure, because they still have not passed any verification. Polish has known problems and unfortunately there is only one person involved, while members of Poland Mozilla l10n community whom I've tried to contact are not interested in Pale Moon. Probably we could release it as is. Portuguese is under active translation (72%) and verification (8%) that going in parallel managed by trusted person from Portugal l10n community, but it will take a some more time. Other language packs are on different stages and still far from release.

I'm going to make some small updates and fixes based on feedback from translators within next few days and let you know.
Most of the Hungarian language pack comes from the Firefox 38 and Firefox 50 language packs, I assume those were proofread by many people. I can't say the same for Pale Moon specific strings though :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-17, 11:35

For the record, I don't have time to do translation, but if there is a Dutch translator I can do the proofing/verification part.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-12-17, 13:12

Moonchild wrote:Is everyone happy with the languages that are now 100% translated status?
During this year I've received some repetitive but reasonable complaints [Crowdin login required]. I'm afraid I can't do a thing about that, because this thing is in the source strings, rather than in my translation.

If there's something to do, that has to be done now, while localizations are still open. If there's nothing to do, the Spanish (Argentina) locale is ready for the official release then.