Pale Moon 27 localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
JustOff

Re: Pale Moon 27 localization

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-18, 20:41

I heartily thank toploader and Iceberg_ for the work done with German and Italian during last week and this weekend. Both language packs are going to be included into release that planned for the coming week. But don't worry, all further updates will be incorporated as soon as approval will completed. So keep up your work, but don't forget about holidays)

The foregoing of course also applies to other translators and language packs. I am sorry that I can't list all the names, but all of you are worthy of respect and gratitude!

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-12-19, 05:16

JustOff wrote:... !
Дякую за вашу велику підтримку теж!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-19, 21:53

This is probably latest beta build before planned release.
palemoon_2016-12-19_23-43-35.png
Let's take a final look at it... :coffee:

Feanaro

Unread post by Feanaro » 2016-12-20, 14:15

Ok, how do I go about verifying a translation?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-20, 14:32

Feanaro wrote:Ok, how do I go about verifying a translation?
Follow the instruction from the initial post. Raise the issue in particular string if you need my intervention.

Feanaro

Unread post by Feanaro » 2016-12-20, 15:42

OP says
When translation in specific language is reached 100% we need to verify all strings to finalize the work. To accomplish this task the translator need obtain special permission.
How do I get this permission? I can only suggest translations and vote for them. Is that good enough?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-20, 15:51

You'll have to be assigned as a proofreader.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-20, 16:03

Feanaro wrote:I can only suggest translations and vote for them. Is that good enough?
It's good for the start, I'll assist you if necessary. But do not get me wrong, you have to somehow prove yourself before get some rights.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-20, 16:55

To properly proofread a language, you have to be (near-)native in that language (not just fluent) so you understand not only the language-technical aspects, but also implied meanings that are less common or exceptional grammatical rules, etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-12-20, 22:36

I was working with browser\chrome\ru\locale\browser\preferences\privacy.dtd, because there was a bug, actually there is no that bug in the newest ru.xpi
A and there is <!ENTITY locbar.openpage.label "из открытых вкладок"> - is correct, but i found that in english, is "Open tabs", so it seems incorrect, should be "opened tabs" or "from opened tabs"

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-20, 22:50

Fedor2 wrote:I was working with browser\chrome\ru\locale\browser\preferences\privacy.dtd, because there was a bug, actually there is no that bug in the newest ru.xpi
A and there is <!ENTITY locbar.openpage.label "из открытых вкладок"> - is correct, but i found that in english, is "Open tabs", so it seems incorrect, should be "opened tabs" or "from opened tabs"
There all is ok in both Russian and English. Note that elements you have mentioned are parts of the complex option name and should not be considered separately. Look at FF38 language packs and compare. Drop me PM if you still have a questions.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-12-29, 21:11

German proofreading done! And I'll relax now. If I'm not here next days, I wish everyone a HNY, esp. all PM localization helpers!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-29, 21:21

loxodont wrote:German proofreading done! And I'll relax now. If I'm not here next days, I wish everyone a HNY, esp. all PM localization helpers!
Well done loxodont! HNY 2u2!

Since Moonchild has not published yet the release of the language packs, I suppose it will be done right after New Year holidays. It's nice to note that it will also include the 100% verified German and Italian.
Last edited by JustOff on 2016-12-29, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-12-29, 21:26

Nice! :thumbup:

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-12-29, 22:08

This is is yet another beta build before planned release.
palemoon_2016-12-30_00-05-36.png
Let's check it once again... :coffee:

Nietes

Unread post by Nietes » 2017-01-02, 15:35

What about DUTCH

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-02, 22:42

Nietes wrote:What about DUTCH
Nog niet(es) ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-02, 22:53

OK, I've run a final pack with intended release versions of our initially completed languages up on the following FTP:

ftp://publicbeta:get@ftp2.palemoon.org/langpacks/
Please let me know if things look OK, since this is a first release with the new langpacks and pack/process scripting, and if so, I'll publicly publish these languages on the website.

Languages built:
  • Czech (cs)
  • German (de)
  • Spanish-Argentina (es-AR)
  • Spanish (Spain, generic) (es-ES)
  • Spanish-Mexico (es-MX)
  • French (fr)
  • Hungarian (hu)
  • Italian (it)
  • Japanese (ja)
  • Polish (pl)
  • Russian (ru)
  • Chinese-Simplified (zh-CN)

José Labán
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by José Labán » 2017-01-02, 23:32

I tried three languages and everything seems fine.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-01-03, 03:49

Moonchild wrote:Please let me know if things look OK, since this is a first release with the new langpacks and pack/process scripting...
Languages built:
  • Czech (cs)
It looks fine. Thank you.