CrowdIn is set up

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
JustOff

Re: CrowdIn is set up

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-10, 00:25

Moonchild wrote:You're now a manager. I'll make sure to make a fresh build, save and TM backup in the next half hour.
Ok, thanks, got it.

Looks like this simple dirty code does the fixing job:

Code: Select all

find . -name "*.properties" -exec sh -c "ascii2uni {} -q -a U > /tmp/tmp8 ; mv /tmp/tmp8 {}" \;
find . -name "*.properties" -exec sed -i 's/\\:/:/g;s/\\#/#/g;s/\\!/!/g;s/\\=/=/g' {} \;
find . -name "*.dtd" -exec sed -i 's/\&/\&/g;s/{\[=-/</g;s/-=\]}/>/g' {} \;
I'll take a look closely tomorrow and try to build actual xpi.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-10, 00:53

Keep in mind that I removed some manifest files from the translation source files on CrowdIn that need to remain static, but that you do need for building an XPI.
See the palemoon-localization repo on GitHub for the general setup and /pack.cmd in that repo for the building script (Windows).
The CrowdIn branch there has the raw export for the current work (but probably incorrect manifests that need language codes changed). If all works out properly, the full downloaded export from CrowdIn could just be unpacked over the existing files (since the static manifests would not be present and therefore not be touched by an update) and would then be ready for postprocessing and then packing to xpi.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-10, 14:23

Looks like I managed that: resulting xpi seems like even works)
Pull request to palemoon-localization sent.

Btw, what is the crashreporter-override.ini? It's absent in CrowdIn branch, but present in master.

PS: I've added Zulu target, it intentionally left blank and used to check how CrowdIn interferes in files.

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2016-11-12, 11:19

Finished translation into Polish.
Is there anything else I should do, and if so, what?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-12, 11:28

piotrekslusarz wrote:Finished translation into Polish.
As far as I see, current state of Polish translation is 91%.
If you have any questions or need help, I'm ready to assist.

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2016-11-12, 12:42

Files that use some help very much.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-12, 13:55

piotrekslusarz wrote:Files that use some help very much.
Feel free to write me PM with specific questions.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-12, 17:40

Attention to all CrowdIn translators! If you suggest new translation of any string, you should also vote for it and vote down for all other incorrect suggestions, otherwise any existing variant can be selected randomly during language pack export.

complutense

Unread post by complutense » 2016-11-13, 17:12

Hello
I just signed up in Crowdin. I notice that Spanish is listed as 70% translated.
However, last June I posted here a 100% complete translation (es-ES for 26.2.2).
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9612&p=86684&hilit=spanish#p86684

Maybe it was not included when migrating to the new system?
It would not be nice to have to do it again.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-11-13, 18:19

PM 27 have a lot more strings then any other PM version before.

It would be nice if someone can help with the german translation. Currently i have 81%

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-11-14, 04:40

@ dark_moon

I would like to help, but didn't work with CrowdIn yet.
Questions:
1. Is it just entering a suggestion in the Suggestion Field and then Save? (-plus voting like JustOff said above)
2. I would only translate/make suggestions to those strings where I'm absolutely sure I do right - is that ok?
3. I found some default english strings with full stops at the end, but none in the german version version - what do?
4. I would use PM26.x de.xpi as reference and help. Do I post more specific questions here or in CrowdIn discussion/comments? (Found nothing in discussions over there)
5. Any suggestion where to start?
6. WTF do these blue bars really mean?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-14, 12:29

General advice on how to do the translation of Pale Moon 27 using CrowdIn:
1) Download and use as a source the language pack for Pale Moon 26
2) Download and use as a possible source the language packs for Firefox version 38 and the latest version
3) Suggest your own translation only if you can't find appropriate string among the three language packs mentioned above
4) If you use Firefox language pack as a source, don't forget to make appropriate changes in the brand names (see how it was done for other languages)
5) If you have question about specific string, do write comment or create issue right there (on CrowdIn)

@loxodont, could you please clarify, what do you mean by "strings with full stops at the end"?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2016-11-14, 15:42

THX for advice JustOff

Yea, I found some of these (very few):
settingsChange.dtd - Pale Moon - Crowdin translation-2016-11-14--04-32-03c.png
Not that I think the period/full stop is SUCH important here ;)

edit: sorry if I might have used "strings" inappropiately

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-14, 16:11

loxodont wrote:Not that I think the period/full stop is SUCH important here ;)
I also think it's not so important, but it's preferred to use the source style.

José Labán
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by José Labán » 2016-11-15, 01:49

For all the Spanish translations, I was thinking that it would be a good idea, instead of having country oriented, only having two of them: Español (tuteo) and Español (voseo).
Since the tanslations will avoid slang, all the variants will be almost identical, we should only agree in some few words like «video» or «vídeo», and maybe «computador» or «computadora». The big difference between the mexican and spanish variants is the use of «ustedes» and «vosotros», but I doubt the plural would appear.

Some entries have a tick and say "approved". Should I not change them? I'm working on the mexican tanslation.

complutense

Unread post by complutense » 2016-11-15, 09:06

Hi José
We all like to have our peculiarities and frequent uses, but the amount of translation is considerable, and your idea is very sensible to reduce the task.
The es-ES version on which I have contributed may very well do with the use of "usted" -- in fact, it is using that in most if not all currently translated terms. So we could set for a single one, not two.
"Ordenador", "computador", "computadora" are a matter of taste and fequency of use, but no one will have trouble understanding any of them. Additionally, there are other alternatives already in use like "equipo" or "dispositivo"

So what's the way we shall proceed? There are separate entries right now for variants of Spanish. I have started working on es-ES in Crowdin and I am happy to do so, but I cannot put much time into it.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-15, 13:32

cs, pl & ru language packs for Pale Moon 27 are ready for testing

piotrekslusarz

Unread post by piotrekslusarz » 2016-11-15, 14:23

Polish work very fine but when you click Ctrl + W appears in the print menu and there is no close of the card.
I will try to improve as soon as possible.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2016-11-15, 17:13

cs, pl & ru language packs for Pale Moon 27 were updated (utf8 fix, 10x2 janekptacijarabaci)

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2016-11-15, 17:34

José Labán wrote:For all the Spanish translations, I was thinking that it would be a good idea, instead of having country oriented, only having two of them: Español (tuteo) and Español (voseo).
Hi José!

As complutense said, we're currently using different personal pronouns:
es-AR: Vos
es-ES: Usted
es-MX:

From there on, every context changes. So, in my opinion, we should keep that way.