Pale Moon Bulgarian localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
BarrelRoll

Pale Moon Bulgarian localization

Unread post by BarrelRoll » 2016-01-28, 09:32

Hi, I see that the Bulgarian localization was removed after the update to version 26. I'd like to contribute if there's nobody else to take on it when there's a way to do it (from what I understood, localization needs a new solution after the update). I'm not sure how it'd work, but if it's simple text editing in, say, Notepad++, then count me in!

spacy01

Re: Pale Moon Bulgarian localization

Unread post by spacy01 » 2016-02-02, 12:04

Count on me for bulgarian localization, too... I'd like to join! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-02, 13:39

We don't have a localization solution for now.
Editing in your favorite (UTF-8 capable) text editor can work, but the inherent problem we have is that there is no index for the previous translation available, so it's not clear which strings have been removed or added in the source language.
You can, of course, use the en-US source files and translate everything you find in them, using the previous Bulgarian translated files (found in the 25.* langpack) as reference opened next to it (and copy/pasting what hasn't changed or doesn't need changing) but it's not a few words. we are talking about 31,500 words in over 7000 strings total.
The structure inside files must follow the US-English of v26, so you can't just copy files across even if the strings would be unchanged.

If you both want to work on it this way, then I suggest you make clear who will do which part.

Please see the GitHub repo "palemoon-localization" for the files.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

spacy01

Unread post by spacy01 » 2016-02-11, 14:28

Ok... Moonchild, thanks for the response! But i hate to do things twice, the browser have a translation already, no reason to do it again!

I found something like solution, who works for me... I'm a linux user, use Mint Rosa Mate Edition...

I replaced the new file /opt/palemoon/browser/omni.ja with the old one, from version 25.8.1 and everything start working! :)

I don't know if this will work on windows, i haven't a windows machine around me... It's not and the best solution, too... Just mention what i found...

I saw one bug - On "About Pale Moon" dialog shows version 25.8.1, but i can live with that! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-12, 13:02

spacy01 wrote:I replaced the new file /opt/palemoon/browser/omni.ja with the old one, from version 25.8.1 and everything start working! :)
You're lucky it still started at all ;)

And no, this won't have "everything" work, at all. The only thing you've done is move the incompatibility from between langpack and front-end to between front-end and back-end. The latter is actually much more dangerous.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2016-09-12, 18:54

Pale Moon bulgarian language is here! I hope you like it :P

https://www.kaminata.net/forum/balgarsk ... 03189.html

Nibelung

Unread post by Nibelung » 2016-09-12, 23:38

Excellent work! Now it's time for PM tools too :)

mozart78
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by mozart78 » 2016-09-13, 08:51

Thank you, it was very hard experience to translate it single-handed, only by me.