Pale Moon 27 localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.

Moderators: Indalecio, satrow

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Re: Pale Moon 27 localization

Postby JustOff » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Next beta build of language packs (27.0.0-27.5.* compatible) was published. There were no new strings added since the last release yet. New language has been added to the project: Ukrainian, the translation is at an early stage.

2017-08-02_00-18-54.png
Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

:!: I will be away from the console for about two weeks, so the next update is expected after August 20.

leifk

Postby leifk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 am

The Swedish language pack (sv-SE) seems to break the add-on Compact Moon Options. The settings in Compact Moon Options have no effect when locale is set to sv-SE - Swedish. Compact Moon Options also disappears from the Tools menu. I can access the settings for Compact Moon Options in the Add-ons Manager, but they have no effect. It does not matter if the language is changed with general.useragent.locale in about:config or with the add-on Pale Moon Locale Switcher.

As a reference, I have also tested the German and English (United Kingdom) language packs, and Compact Moon Options works correctly with them.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:11 am

leifk wrote:The Swedish language pack (sv-SE) seems to break the add-on Compact Moon Options. The settings in Compact Moon Options have no effect when locale is set to sv-SE - Swedish. Compact Moon Options also disappears from the Tools menu. I can access the settings for Compact Moon Options in the Add-ons Manager, but they have no effect. It does not matter if the language is changed with general.useragent.locale in about:config or with the add-on Pale Moon Locale Switcher.

As a reference, I have also tested the German and English (United Kingdom) language packs, and Compact Moon Options works correctly with them.

Extensions are normally not reliant on browser language strings -- they have their own localization. So it's most likely something that's incorrect in the Compact Moon Options extension itself that breaks it when the locale is sv-SE.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Postby Lootyhoof » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 pm

leifk wrote:The Swedish language pack (sv-SE) seems to break the add-on Compact Moon Options. The settings in Compact Moon Options have no effect when locale is set to sv-SE - Swedish. Compact Moon Options also disappears from the Tools menu. I can access the settings for Compact Moon Options in the Add-ons Manager, but they have no effect. It does not matter if the language is changed with general.useragent.locale in about:config or with the add-on Pale Moon Locale Switcher.

I've updated Compact Moon Options to hopefully fix this. Can you check again and see if the issue persists?

leifk

Postby leifk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Lootyhoof wrote:I've updated Compact Moon Options to hopefully fix this. Can you check again and see if the issue persists?

Thanks, now it seems to work correctly with the Swedish language pack.

JustOff
Localization Coordinator
Localization Coordinator

Postby JustOff » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Next beta build of language packs (27.0.0-27.5.* compatible) has been published. There were no new strings added since the last release yet. Thanks to FranklinDM and D.Pasado contribution Tagalog (Filipino) language pack is finally 100% translated, verification is in progress.

2017-08-23_19-42-18.png
Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

Return to “Localization”