Restore Pale Moon Without Re-install ?

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LunaTic

Restore Pale Moon Without Re-install ?

Unread postby LunaTic » Mon, 18 Jun 2012, 19:41

Hi. can I restore Pale Moon, 12.2.1, to it's original configuration without re-installing the browser, after tweaking some items,.. just curious if restoring is possible without having to redo the tweaks, one at a time. Thanks.

megaman
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Restore Pale Moon Without Re-install ?

Unread postby megaman » Mon, 18 Jun 2012, 19:43

Change your shortcut to palemoon.exe -p and start it.
You can make a new Profile. If you want to keep just one or stop the Profile Manager from showing up, you can just delete the -p and you are set.
This way, you can test original configuration without losing your current.
Curiosity leads to a world of experiments.

LunaTic

Unread postby LunaTic » Mon, 18 Jun 2012, 19:54

Thanks for the quick reply, megaman.. sounds good and easy too..i'll give it a try.. wil it work while Pale Moon is running.?

LunaTic

Unread postby LunaTic » Mon, 18 Jun 2012, 19:56

it's ok..I just did it with an instance of Pale Moon running as we speak and it works! thanks for the advise.

Return to “General support”