How do I disable the edge bouncing feature?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Neosum

How do I disable the edge bouncing feature?

Unread post by Neosum » 2012-06-17, 08:11

I don't know what it's called, but when scrolling to the beginning or end of a webpage, the screen bounces back a little. It's like the iphone effect on safari. How do I turn this off?

I've been using palemoon for a long time and just reinstalled so I can't remember how I turned it off before.

dark_moon

Re: How do I disable the edge bouncing feature?

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-06-17, 09:30

Maybe you mean the smooth scrolling?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-17, 09:38

Pale Moon doesn't use that effect. When it reaches the end of a page, it will stop, not bounce back.
So it's either something in your mouse/tablet driver setup, or an add-on that causes this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Neosum

Unread post by Neosum » 2012-06-17, 15:53

Thanks. I found the culprit. It was one of my addons.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-06-17, 16:14

And which addons?

Just for the user with the same problem

Neosum

Unread post by Neosum » 2012-06-18, 02:37

"Yet another smooth scrolling" had it enabled by default. When I reinstalled palemoon, I restored my settings using sync with firefox server and had forgot that I had the addon.