[Solved] Youtube URL not changing

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ThirdTryCharm

[Solved] Youtube URL not changing

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-09, 18:32

When I go to youtube and select a video, it changes to the page but the URL in the address bar does not change.

Is it me or what?

How can I fix this? I am using PMStatus, is it a setting I am not understanding?

How do I remove PM status bar?

Thanks
Last edited by ThirdTryCharm on 2015-09-10, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

dark_moon

Re: Youtube URL not changing

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-09-09, 19:11

The url changes here.

Maybe you open a video playlist?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-09-09, 19:38

It changes for me too and I'm using linux Pale Moon.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

ThirdTryCharm

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-10, 14:56

Well, this is what I am getting and it seems to be only on youtube. Is this a plot by G to stamp out other browsers? :)
1_Search.jpg
2_Channel Home.jpg
3_Videos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-09-10, 15:11

For me i get that:
yt.png
I see you use NoScript.Maybe you block something. Thats my list:
ns.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

superA

Unread post by superA » 2015-09-10, 15:33

There are three prefs, in about:config, browser.history.allowPopState, browser.history.allowPushState, browser.history.allowReplaceState.
See if you have toogled one or all of them to false.

I have changed them myself and YouTube serves me with the same behavor.

ThirdTryCharm

[Solved] Re: Youtube URL not changing

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-10, 16:02

superA wrote:There are three prefs, in about:config, browser.history.allowPopState, browser.history.allowPushState, browser.history.allowReplaceState.
See if you have toogled one or all of them to false.
Bingo! Thanks SuperA,. obviously the "A" in SuperA stands for "Awesome." No idea how they got switched around, but that fixed it.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-09-10, 16:45

Nice work, superA!

Edit:
ThirdTryCharm, can you please edit your first post instead of your last one with the [solved] title?

ThirdTryCharm

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-10, 18:25

dark_moon wrote:ThirdTryCharm, can you please edit your first post instead of your last one with the [solved] title?
Done, was not aware I could change the original title. Two things I have learned today, or is that four? :)

I actually went looking for the "Solved" button... But... ?