Page title not viewable

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MoonShadow

Page title not viewable

Unread post by MoonShadow » 2012-06-12, 11:42

Is it possible to restore the page title to the Windows title bar? If one opts to use the menu bar, it appears on the Win title bar. I'd prefer to keep the default Pale Moon button instead of the menu bar but with the page's title appearing beside it. Is there an option or parameter I've overlooked that will turn it back on?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Page title not viewable

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-12, 11:52

No, there's no option to switch the title back on when you use the application menu. There is at least one add-on that I know of that restores this functionality (do a quick search in the add-on manager, I'm sure you'll be able to find it).
Personally, I always use the "classic" menu bar, since it gives me all options and not just a selection, and uses the title bar for what it's there for: to show the title. But to each his own ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-06-12, 15:39

You can use a CSS script to restore it.

Bring the Title Back

MoonShadow

Unread post by MoonShadow » 2012-06-12, 19:11

Moonchild: Got it! Great suggestion. Took a while to sort through the dreck, but there were a few pearls in there along the way.

Truth be told, I prefer the menu myself -- as I noted before, old neural pathways take a while to remap. Especially if there's no real advantage to do so. To save on another toolbar, I use Alt or F10 to pull it down, or alt->key for a particular item.

But you confuse me...
"uses the title bar for what it's there for: to show the title."
To me, title bar=Windows title bar. T'aint there. On my system all I have is the blue button on the left and Min/Max/Close on the right. Not even the window label as it is appears on other standard windows. Are we on the same page (sic) here? Maybe I have my terminology wrong but it sounds like you see the page title there. Where else can I find the title bar? Or maybe a theme can overwrite it (I use a solid color called "Beep Dlue")?

MoonShadow

Unread post by MoonShadow » 2012-06-12, 19:18

dark_moon: Looks like just what the doctor ordered. I've never worked with CSS or the Stylish addon. (Don't yet even know what the acronym means yet) I'll definitely look into this as soon as I get a moment. Thank you very much. Also, if you run Stylish, does it have much of an impact on performance? We all mostly use Pale Moon for its speed and stability.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-06-12, 19:38

You only need to install the Stylish addon and then install the style.
No performance losses. I use Stylish too.

But you can also use the way, what Moonchild say.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-12, 20:17

MoonShadow wrote:But you confuse me...
"uses the title bar for what it's there for: to show the title."
To me, title bar=Windows title bar. T'aint there.
Open the Application Menu (the pale Moon button) and go to options > (click the arrow or hover the mouse over it to open the submenu) and select "Menu bar"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MoonShadow

Unread post by MoonShadow » 2012-06-13, 13:56

Moonchild: Ah, that's the source of the misunderstanding. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I first opened the topic thread. Yes, I understand your gist now. Thanks. We probably can close this topic now as I have what I came for. Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me. See you at the next eclipse if not before...