Persistent problems with cache in PaleMoon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
sharks

Persistent problems with cache in PaleMoon

Unread post by sharks » 2012-06-09, 18:19

Hello

I am a dedicated user of Pale Moon since its earlier days, but i've noticed since a while now that the HUGE problems (i'm not kidding, this is why i have finally decided to register here to log a formal complaint) with the cache, as it shows images that's not supposed to be in that place from the same site, which makes everything looks scrambled. I have reached my wits end, as i keep flushing the cache and offline website data from the Clear Recent History option, but the cache keeps messing up everything by mixing the pictures on forums and sites, so for example, a smiley is showing where the top_menu_bar.png should be, or the "rss icon" is showing instead of the emoticon, etc. I keep clearing my cache and every time the problem reappears in a different form and shape. I am so fed up. I had to reinstall Firefox and even Opera and Chrome as a backup browsers. The official Firefox and Opera and Chrome display those sites correctly, with no issues.

I waited with each minor and major update of PaleMoon but the problems have never been fixed!!!!!!!!!

This problem perseveres across all websites, especially forums, such as some using software from vB and SMF, which i use regularly. This is extremely disappointing for such a capable browser.

Pnume

Re: Persistent problems with cache in PaleMoon

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-06-09, 18:24

I've never experienced this problem.

sharks

Unread post by sharks » 2012-06-09, 18:26

I found this thread: http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=216
It seems to deal with my problem, and i've tried the first step. Will report back if the issue reappears again.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2012-06-09, 18:39

It's pretty difficult to get something fixed if we don't know about it ;)

Yes, it does sound like corruption somewhere, following the steps in the topic you found should fix it, or help pin down where the problem lies.