Palemoon Profile ---> Firefox

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
alwaysobtuse

Palemoon Profile ---> Firefox

Unread post by alwaysobtuse » 2012-06-07, 22:24

Hello,

I want to use Firefox on another PC. I know there is a tool to migrate FF profiles to PM , but is there a way to do the reverse? I know where the Pale Moon file is in MY APPS...I am comfortable with making changes to the folder when I copy it over to the other PC. I just don't know what needs to be changed. I am using Pale Moon 12.1 and I will be using Firefox 13, so I'm thinking they should be compatible.

Thank you in advance.

Ben

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon Profile ---> Firefox

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-07, 23:39

It may be best to use Firefox Sync to transfer the profile bookmarks etc. back to Firefox.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-06-08, 07:50

Firefox Sync was more troublesome, I am afraid. I am trying to transfer Firefox stuff to Pale Moon and the transfer would not complete, vice-versa trying to upload stuff to the Sync, it worked on other flavors of Firefox(Nightly, Aurora, Beta, Stable).

Edit: There is a chance that this might have been fixed, or less troublesome by now, but I still continue with installing everything from scratch.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-06-08, 09:06

If you want to copy manually, you can do so as well.

You want to copy everything including sub-folders from
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\
to
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\

Add-ons may not like this, and you may possibly have to re-install some of them if they hard-link the profile folder in their configuration or similar.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

alwaysobtuse

Unread post by alwaysobtuse » 2012-06-10, 19:57

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your time and effort. I imported my profile seamlessly and it is working just fine with Firefox - and no complaints from add ons. :)