keyboard typing blocked on palemoon

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mr666

keyboard typing blocked on palemoon

Unread postby mr666 » Wed, 06 Jun 2012, 09:31

Operating system:WinXp x86,SP3
Browser version:12.1
32-bit or 64-bit?:32
Problem URL:may be a cache/profile corruption

Installed add-ons:
adnostic0.2.0.8
CsFire1.0.5
HTTPS Finder0.85&HTTPS-Everywhere2.0.5
Perspectives4.3
PwdHash1.7

It happens usually after I have too much workload on the PM browser, in any case I should stop the application, then stop the process from task-manager to start it yet.
In any case it always involve keyboard more than application itself:sometimes I can browse the web but not typing in it.
Paolo

mr666

othet useful comment: keyboard typing blocked on palemoon

Unread postby mr666 » Sun, 17 Jun 2012, 11:21

It is possible that I can close the program by using only menu- Exit and not with mouse arrow clicking on X right on top of the interface. This happens usually when I can type yet.
Then I always stop process by task manager command if I want to start again PM application.

Thanks
Paolo

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: keyboard typing blocked on palemoon

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 17 Jun 2012, 11:42

Please try a complete uninstall and reinstall of Pale Moon, as it seems something is wrong with your profile and access rights to files (this may be a file system issue on the folders Pale Moon uses).

Instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=662
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “General support”