Status bar in full screen

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gidyn

Status bar in full screen

Unread post by gidyn » 2012-03-27, 19:20

I'm happy with links showing in the status bar ... except when running in full screen, when there is no status bar, and they need to show as a pop-up. Is there any way to configure this?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Status bar in full screen

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-03-27, 19:37

I suggest grabbing the Autohide add-on http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/
And in the options set "status bar" to "Show always"

I recommend the following settings for Pale Moon, but feel free to experiment:
autohide-addon-settings1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

gidyn

Unread post by gidyn » 2012-03-27, 20:38

An abandoned add-on from an unofficial site? I appreciate your suggestion, but my nerves can't take it.

(This isn't a full solution either, as always showing the status bar makes full-screen less effective.)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-03-28, 00:13

It was a suggestion - there are undoubtedly other add-ons out there that will allow you to tweak the UI to your liking.
The author has his reasons for not liking addons.mozilla.org - but has a good reputation.

For the same reasoning you could not trust Pale Moon for not being endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation and not having downloads hosted on *.mozilla.com :P

As it is, you have to either choose: pop-up or status bar - there is no conditional functionality for full screen in the status bar functionality at the moment.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

raindress

Unread post by raindress » 2012-04-18, 07:28

thanks to Moonchild,had this addon in firefox but was reluctant to add to palemoon given (risk)! had searched for a way to keep statusbar "live" option & given all feedback on way palemoon was setup to block status4ever addon had not tried until read this post.there seems to be many users that would like to have this option now knowing it safe. other statusbar addons avail did not provide my want but did provide clutter. hope this reply helps,again regards MC.