Duplicate PM-FF icons in taskbar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jazluvr

Duplicate PM-FF icons in taskbar

Unread post by jazluvr » 2012-03-15, 18:37

Since version 9, I've been getting duplicate icons in my taskbar w/e i open either FF or palemoon. I'm on FF11 now and PM 9.2, and it's still occurring. I don't know hot to stop it. 1 Icon is surrounded by a square "haze", indicating it's the active icon, and the other doesn't have it, so i right click on it and unpin it from the taskbar, and the browser stays open with the single icon there.

i also get a duplicate in my start menu, 1 has the sub-menu for private browsing, the other doesn't. I only see 1 FF icon, but no sub-menu for private browsing. Anybody else have this happening, or know how i can stop it? Also, PM has been improperly rendering text and some other graphic anomalies, like distorted smiles i see right now, and some showing up as text, not graphics.

i get this mostly on a certain website i frequent daily, but FF displays everything fine. Not sure what's going on.

Greenboyb1

Re: Duplicate PM-FF icons in taskbar

Unread post by Greenboyb1 » 2012-04-10, 19:28

You could try uninstalling and removing all pale moon and fire fox files and reinstalling them from scratch. Instructions on how to do this can be found at How to completely remove and reinstall Pale Moon. Hope it helps. :)