- First and foremost: stay calm! I understand some things can be horribly frustrating for a piece of software that is as pivotal these days as a web browser is. But, losing your temper, swearing your head off, generally getting upset or other things that raise your blood pressure is not going to help you or anyone else.
- If you experience crashes, please post a crash report with as much detail as possible on this forum (in one of the support boards). In just about all cases, crashes are not caused by the browser itself. It may be triggered by it or it may be because of an interaction with other software you have running, or even a misbehaving plugin. Blue screens, for example, are a dead giveaway of something at the system level (most likely a driver) croaking and rolling over dead.
- Try to stay out of your ivory tower. If you have a lot of experience with software or a degree in IT it may be easy to assume you know more about what's going on than anyone else who may be here trying to help you. However, even the best of the best can overlook something, and it's considered rude if you talk down to people who are just trying to help you with a problem you may have. The Pale Moon community is one with wildly varying technical skill levels, but in general a common goal: to assist. A fresh perspective may get you an unexpected solution.
- Please ask for help before you go out on a crusade telling everyone "how much the browser sucks". Complaining is always easy to do, but keep in mind that the people behind Pale Moon work hard to give you the best possible, for absolutely free. And, there's a good chance that you were jumping the gun - asking for help might have provided a simple, easy solution; meaning you've gone out and posted something that may give new people an absolutely wrong impression. I'm all for free speech and all, but at least try to confirm that what you're about to say publicly is correct.
- Please, please, do not send me private messages, e-mails or feedback from the website that is nothing but a tirade and not a request to try and find a solution. It's a waste of your time, a waste of my nerve, and likely doesn't get me in a good mood to actually do anything about what you're writing about. In fact, it'll be forwarded to the trash without any desire to remember it. If you want help, ask for help on the forum. If you want to complain, you can also do that on the forum. If you want to huff and puff and switch browser, you are welcome to do so, but please don't give me the arse-end of your mood just because you can.
Thanks for your consideration.
(I wish I didn't have to make a post like this, but apparently, I have to)