Issue with Html validator addon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
adriantxu

Issue with Html validator addon

Unread post by adriantxu » 2012-01-13, 16:25

Hi

I installed the x64 version of pale moon on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I'm a web developer so I'm in the need to use some specific addons such as html validator for my work.

However when I start pale moon it throws an error for this addon saying: "FATAL ERROR : The dynamic C library contained in the extension file could not be found.". I have tried with a 32 bits version and everything is OK, so it seems the problem is on the x64 version.

Anyone know how to solve this problema??

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Issue with Html validator addon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-01-13, 16:50

It looks like that add-on links specifically to the C run-time library, meaning it is an extension that has (32-bit) binary components. As a result, it will not work in a 64-bit browser, and the add-on developer will have to release a 64-bit version of it for it to work in Pale Moon x64.

Your only solution for the time being is to use the 32-bit version of Pale Moon until the add-on developer has released a 64-bit compatible version of the add-on.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite