How to enable link preview?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
thecrafter

How to enable link preview?

Unread post by thecrafter » 2012-01-05, 02:57

In Firefoxs 4 and above there is a little link preview on the bottom of the screen ,like this:

By default on Pale Moon there's no indication at all of where a link leads. This is a very useful feature and I think it should be included/enabled by default.

But right now is there a way to enable it? I know you can replicate this by showing the status bar, but the status bar is a space hog and the link preview is very minimal and only shows when hovering over a link

megaman

Re: How to enable link preview?

Unread post by megaman » 2012-01-05, 05:26

You can disable the Pale Moon Statusbar from the Add-On section. This brings back the link preview on the image you have placed.

By default on Pale Moon there's no indication at all of where a link leads? It's aimed at specific links. If it leads to something with an extension, it will show the full address including exe, php, etc. (Either I don't understand what you mean, or it's because I am typing while half-asleep)
Last edited by megaman on 2012-01-05, 05:45, edited 2 times in total.

thecrafter

Unread post by thecrafter » 2012-01-05, 05:43

Ah, thank you, that did the trick :thumbup:

Weird, having it enabled/disabled doesn't seem to change anything else though

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-01-05, 21:30

Actually, you can hide the status bar (CTRL+/) and have the Pale Moon status bar add-on still handle the links and status (which I do recommend and which may be preferred in some cases, e.g. if you also or don't want to see specific network activity, etc.) by going to the status bar add-on options and setting things accordingly exactly the way you want it (for the Firefox-style pop-up, you choose "pop-up" for status and/or links, with more options to auto-hide, etc etc)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite