Title Bar text position + Pale Moon entry

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Title Bar text position + Pale Moon entry

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-01-28, 15:31

Thanks a lot for the excellent 24.3.0 update. Two questions on the title bar:

1. In minimized mode, it seems the text is a bit too close to the URL bar. Maximized mode looks fine.
2. Can the "Pale Moon" text be removed from the title bar? With the PM button visible to the left, it seems unnecessary.
Attachments
Title Bar maximized.jpg
Title Bar minimized.jpg

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Title Bar text position + Pale Moon entry

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-28, 15:46

1. Windows 8 is a little iffy as far as exact positioning is concerned. It even differs per installation (I styled the title using an installation of Windows 8.1, positioning it in a standard installation of Windows 8 with default settings, which has a slightly thicker title bar than your screen, making it perfectly centered). I'll have a look if I can make the positioning height-dependent in a future versions of Pale Moon.
You can adjust the position with an entry in userChrome.css. In your case, I would suggest the following:

Code: Select all

#main-window::after {
    top: -13px !important;
}
(adjust as-needed, -14 -15 etc. is further up, -12 etc. is further down)

2. Not that easy to do, since "- Pale Moon" is part of the actual App Title (also used in the Task Bar, etc.) -- I'll see if there is a way to do this in the future.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-01-28, 15:58

Thanks, the code seems to affect both modes so, -13px works perfectly for minimized mode, but in maximized mode the text goes way off to the top.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-28, 16:42

OK, try:

Code: Select all

#main-window[sizemode="normal"]::after {
   top: -13px !important;
}
That should restrict the position to regular windows only.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-01-28, 16:47

Perfect, thanks again.

Ruthie Lynn

Unread post by Ruthie Lynn » 2014-01-29, 14:10

Good Morning, I have Windows 8 & do like the Title Bar it's positioned perfect & it's very small text, Perfect! Was wondering if the blue menu box to the left of it can be changed to the PM Icon? Awesome Browser :thumbup: How do I put A Screenshot on here?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-29, 15:20

back2themoon wrote:Perfect, thanks again.
I'll actually make -13px the default for the next point update (so you won't need this entry anymore), it aligns a little better. Small icon mode will still have the text fairly close to the address bar if you have a large title font, but that can't be helped.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-07-06, 12:43

back2themoon wrote:2. Can the "Pale Moon" text be removed from the title bar? With the PM button visible to the left, it seems unnecessary.
Moonchild wrote:2. Not that easy to do, since "- Pale Moon" is part of the actual App Title (also used in the Task Bar, etc.) -- I'll see if there is a way to do this in the future.
Any updates on this one? :)

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-07-06, 13:19

If someone prefer to use the file/edit/view menu instead of the palemoon button, he don't have anything which say it is palemoon except that very title.

Also ; - <program name> is a standard behavior of title in the OS (my music/image/text/anything programs do that as well ; and while I would still recognize them without it's not an issue), and having the program name in the title may be used for some scripts.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-07-06, 14:31

In linux Pale Moon when using linux Mint 17 or linux SolydX, there is no blue colored Pale Moon button. It's not there. With both linux Pale Moon and linux Firefox, all there is, is the Menu Bar.

In linux when I'm using Pale Moon and rarely Firefox, I differentiate between the two browsers with different colored light weight persona themes.

In linux, when I'm using linux Pale Moon, I use the Hydriel persona and if I have to use linux Firefox, I use the Light Sea Green persona.

So in retrospect, I would not like to see the Pale Moon name being removed in the Title Bar.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox