Problems storing passwords

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Libra

Problems storing passwords

Unread post by Libra » 2011-12-09, 02:22

I installed Pale Moon version 8 on my Vista computer. It's running well, but I'm having a problem with passwords. The first time I typed in my password on a site, Pale Moon told me it was storing my passwords. I don't store passwords, so I told it not to store passwords and to not store passwords for that site. Now, when I go to that site and type in my password, the site tells me I typed the wrong password. I typed the correct password. I then went to the Options area (I think) and unchecked the password storage and clicked on a box and saw that the site I'm having a problem with is listed showing that Pale Moon won't store passwords.(I cleared that) That's fine, but something's going on since I can't type in my password and it be accepted.

Also, is there anywhere in settings where I can selective have a few cookies stored?

If I install NoScript will I be able to disable it and/or remove it?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

megaman

Re: Problems storing passwords

Unread post by megaman » 2011-12-09, 02:32

Pale Moon button > History > Clear Recent History. Restart the browser and try again. This is just Level 1.

Yes, in Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for History.

I've tried NoScript but didn't like it, it would block too much and a pain to liberate stuff on many sites. Same thing with Request Policy. Short-story long and long-story short, I can't help you with that question, my apologies.

Libra

Re: Re: Problems storing passwords

Unread post by Libra » 2011-12-09, 02:57

Thank you. I give both fixes a try.

Sincerely, Libra