"I Understand The Risk" missing.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Herman Strange

"I Understand The Risk" missing.

Unread post by Herman Strange » 2013-11-21, 01:39

Hitting a site with an SSL cert that expired about an hour ago. I know it's the correct site from other methods. Pale Moon shows the normal certificate error warning with "Get Me Out Of Here" button, but there's no "I Understand The Risk" button to add a temporary (or permanent) exception.

Is there any way to get the button, or otherwise access the site other than going to something like IE until the certificate is fixed?

Thanks,
-H

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: "I Understand The Risk" missing.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-11-21, 02:01

Some scattered reports from people running into the same issue in Firefox (related usually to people having changed things in their certificate database, having changed trust or added certificates manually) suggest it's hard to troubleshoot and hard to reproduce -- and creating a clean profile tends to fix it.

Before you do that though, try setting browser.xul.error_pages.expert_bad_cert to true in about:config, and see if that helps you.
"You will observe with concern how long a useful truth may be known and exist before it is generally received and practiced on." -- Benjamin Franklin
"Compromise and collaboration lie at the heart of all great endeavours" -- Kassandra