Addon Manager, Saved Tabs, ...

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Syramos

Addon Manager, Saved Tabs, ...

Unread post by Syramos » 2011-11-21, 19:35

Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank you for palemoon. It's really a great browser :thumbup:
Unfortunately after updating to the newest version i have several problems. I'm using Palemoon Portable, running on Win7 64 bit, Addons are: Brief and Adblock+. I list all my problems:

1. Addon Manager opens, but is loading and loading and loading ....
2. Websites I try to open by just typing them into the bar doesn't work, but if open them via clicking on bookmark works excellent.
3. When I start Palemoon it always showed the tabs of last time. After the Update all my open tabs were gone :/ I don't know if that's supposed to happen?!

I hope someone can give me a hint what to change to get all that working again :) Especially the lost tabs hurt :(

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Addon Manager, Saved Tabs, ...

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-11-21, 19:44

If you have used the internal updater to download the updated browser, then I suggest you download the portable package from the website and reinstall it like that (you can have it extract over the other one to preserve your profile). Unfortunately the internal updater doesn't always seem to work flawlessly for portable versions.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Addon Manager, Saved Tabs, ...

Unread post by satrow » 2011-11-21, 22:45

Regarding the lost tabs from the previous session, they can usually be re-opened via History > Restore Previous Session.