Cloudflare? Cloudfare?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jackrv
Moongazer
Moongazer

Cloudflare? Cloudfare?

Unread post by jackrv » 2024-03-23, 16:13

Operating system:
Browser version:
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons:
Installed plugins: (about:plugins):

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):
**PASTE troubleshooting information here**
Browser Version: 33.0.1 64 bit Windows

Don't know where this should go, but I am having trouble with cloudflare(sp) on this site, https://thepeoplescube.com/.
I did a seach on this and some of the sites people suggested also would not let me in.

I use Palemoon as my default and don't really want to change, but will if I have to.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Cloudflare? Cloudfare?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-23, 17:00

It's a known issue with CloudFlare's captcha. I have an open ticket with them and there is a community ticket on their site as well. They seem to be happy to gatekeep the internet from independent browsers.
See also: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/browser-integrity-check-broken-yet-again/632337
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jackrv
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by jackrv » 2024-03-23, 17:49

Thanks for reply.

Apparently if you use Firefox, Brave or Edge there is no trouble. Palemoon doesn't work at all and Waterfox you have to click the box.

Jack

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-23, 18:05

This is literally not under our control. Cloudflare does not take Pale Moon or any other UXP-based browser into account and it seems they are putting us on the pile of "unwanted software". I've already attempted to explain to them they are literally doing it wrong by limiting their "security checks" and captchas to their short-list of accepted commercial browsers and engines, effectively gatekeeping the entire internet (or the large portion they indirectly control).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2024-03-23, 18:18

jackrv wrote:
2024-03-23, 17:49
Thanks for reply.

Apparently if you use Firefox, Brave or Edge there is no trouble. Palemoon doesn't work at all and Waterfox you have to click the box.

Jack
Really, with Firefox? LibreWolf identifies itself as Firefox and Cloudflare does not work with it.
With Vivaldi, a chromium browser, Cloudflare says, "Your browser is out of date!" I have the latest version of Vivaldi.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-23, 18:29

Goodydino wrote:
2024-03-23, 18:18
Really, with Firefox? LibreWolf identifies itself as Firefox and Cloudflare does not work with it.
Librewolf is not on their short list of commercial browsers.
Supported browsers
If your visitors are using an up-to-date version of a major browser — such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Safari on mobile — they will receive the challenge correctly.

Challenges are not supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer.

If your visitors encounter issues using a major browser besides Internet Explorer, they should upgrade their browser.
(emphasis mine), i.e. latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple's Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome on Android and Apple Safari on iOS.
Anything else is fair game to block as far as they are concerned the way it's worded, and the only solution is to use a "major browser" according to their definition. Previously they were adamant they weren't intentionally blocking independent forks or browsers, but it seems they are just clamping down on it now.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-03-23, 19:53

Please direct any further discussion to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30950